8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 233 Posts

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is my 2nd DIY for the JDM FD2 Hazard Button.

At first I tried pulling just the center dash off but its impossible. Don't be a dumb @$$ like me and try to do so...I scratched up my center dash and stabbed part of the interior here and there with the flathead.

1. Pull the plastic cover under the steering wheel.
  2. Pull off the plastic cover, located on top of the small pocket. Use a flathead to pop it off.
  3. Inside on top there will be 2 screws. Using a phillips screw driver would work but the **** thing wouldn't even budge when I tried. You can use either a phillips or a 8mm socket to take the screws off. Make sure you get these screws out or else the center dash will not come off!
  4. There is 1 screw holding the drivers side dash. Take off the screw and Pull off the driver side dash. I started from the left bottom and worked all the way round the steering wheel. Make sure to pull the steering wheel toward you to make more space to work on.
  5. Once the driver side dash is off, pull the center dash. Once the center dash is pulled off, unplug all the plugs off the dash.
  6. 2 screws are holding the hazard button. One on top and one on the bottom. Unscrew these two and replace it with the JDM Hazard button.
  7. Reverse the following steps and snap everything back on.

Here is the finished product!
Before

After

·
Purpul Plane 4ever!
40,686 Posts
red lights in the dash??? night pics???

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
Not bad, can you choose to have it lit or not? If so, can you show us the switch? Or does it light up when you push the button?

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
nice..how much was it
I won the FD2 Hazard button and the boot for $12.00 at fgcoupe. :SHOCKED:

Not bad, can you choose to have it lit or not? If so, can you show us the switch? Or does it light up when you push the button?
Nope...once you have your lights on its going to be on all the time. It actually looks pretty good when its lit. :D

1 - 20 of 233 Posts