8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1641 - 1660 of 1685 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
So i tried this on my civic with blue suede and i also did the door armrest and the result was very good! Very good idea ! Now im thinking on doing the center armrest, did you guy remove the oem fabric on it and then put your new one on ? Because it is padded for comfort and my fabric is not so I wonder what to do ! Thanks !

·
Registered
41 Posts
i didnt read through every page, but has anyone done this to recover the entire door panel? my sedan has tan interior and not only is it fugly, but the fabric on the driver door panel is all discolored and worn down from the previous owner.

·
Registered
20 Posts
i didnt read through every page, but has anyone done this to recover the entire door panel? my sedan has tan interior and not only is it fugly, but the fabric on the driver door panel is all discolored and worn down from the previous owner.
I don't think it's going to come off very good, depends on the color you chose, and it's going to be A LOT of work... I don't think it's worth it man, just replace the old fabric and it's gonna look good.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I don't think it's going to come off very good, depends on the color you chose, and it's going to be A LOT of work... I don't think it's worth it man, just replace the old fabric and it's gonna look good.
in my stupidity and lack of sleep, i hadnt realized that the only fabric on the door cards is the ones people are replacing in this thread. im leaning toward that route now and possibly finding a good paint to throw on the rest to get rid of the tan :lol:

·
Registered
112 Posts
soo yea the guy who helped me do this broke my door clips behind the door handle. soo what can i do to replace these.. i wanted to go to honda but i know theyre gonna charge an arm and a leg just to replace clips. HELP!

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
I work at a bodyshop and there's a company called kent they carry every clip for every make imaginable. Google Kent clips they might have an online site don't know if you have to buy wholesale or be a member or what but it won't hurt to try.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
284 Posts
what size drill bit did you guys use to drill the plastic weld? and am i trying to drill until the plastic weld comes off?? anyone?

·
Registered
88 Posts
has anyone attempted to use screws in place of the epoxy? i think if i were able to get the same screws that are on the door from Honda they would work.

1641 - 1660 of 1685 Posts