8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Want to try this on my 2010, visor not split (problem fixed my @ss Honda) but wants to not hold tight to headliner and drives me crazy.

Can only find these in a 15 pack at almost $30.

Anyone got a lead on singles available any place ??
Try OSH, Lowes or Home Depot. There should be a section for speciality items near where the nuts and bolts are.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Try OSH, Lowes or Home Depot. There should be a section for speciality items near where the nuts and bolts are.
Lowes only has multi-pack of these @ $25.... No Home Depot for 45 miles, and of course they have them in singles.

My Civic is a 2010 with the "improved" visors, though not split my drivers side will not stay up properly into the recessed area, it drops down below headliner and I'm not even sure that this modification would resolve this problem or not.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hey, i'm not sure if this will help, but I did the exact same thing the OP did except I used a different post. Also my drivers side had already separated and would not go up at all and after I did this it works perfectly.

Here is a picture of the package and I got it at lowes.

Here is a picture of the finished visor.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Ended up with a new visor for drivers side on 2010, got it online for $40. Nice that it does not sag down any longer. Going to treat it gently.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had mine replaced no charge from the dealership. My solution was just not to use them and wear sunglasses. Also i got 2 paint stir sticks from Home Depot. Asked the sewing person in my family to make pillow like cases for them and just slide them in the top gap above the visor to hold up my sunshade. Eventually when they break I'll re look into this post. Lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
My 07 Hybrid has a visor that droops maybe 2". I don't see visible breaks. I guess I'll have to do this soon and see how well it works. Too bad they did such a bad job.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks so much for this post I did exactly as you described and fixed my splitting sun-visors. The paint has chipped after a few months unfortunately but its nothing I can't sand and touch up again. So much better as I can use them now again.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Has anyone ever considered utilizing .5" pop rivets on these ???

I have some nice .5" binder screws....but fear with no real means to hold the smooth side, that I would be unable to get them tight enough to hold it up.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Glad I found this again; did my pass side a few years back, now the driver's side finally split with the warm weather. Now I just have to find the extra rivets I bought when I did the other side...

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
I was 50/50 on my 2010 The drivers side tightened up well with steel binder post.....The passenger side would NOT. Had to bite the bullet on that one.

Likely still junk !!

·
Super Moderator
2,147 Posts
I was 50/50 on my 2010 The drivers side tightened up well with steel binder post.....The passenger side would NOT. Had to bite the bullet on that one.

Likely still junk !!
Nah, you are correct in your assumption, they are and continue to be junk.

This thread can fix them, but I've been advocating on ripping them out and install Acura TL (2005) visors. They bolt right on and are an improvement. I love mine.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Glad I found this again; did my pass side a few years back, now the driver's side finally split with the warm weather. Now I just have to find the extra rivets I bought when I did the other side...
Just did the driver’s side; this is the hardware I used - search for the following:
Hillman 880981
5/8” post
Aluminum
No modification needed; 2 per visor and you’re good to go!

61 - 80 of 81 Posts