8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Those paper clamps working as a fix for an already busted visor? If so then I'm game to use them as a temporary fix. Definitely goes in the ghetto/redneck book of automotive maintenance though! Shame on Honda for forcing us to resort to these kind of solutions, especially when the dealership I bought my car from won't replace a visor until it has completely busted.

·
Binks
18,140 Posts
Yes, the paper clamps are a good fix. I've had them on for like 10 months and they are still holding up well. No one really looks at my window visors and criticize it. LOL. I would call it 'engineering in simplicity'.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Don't you guys know your sunvisors are under an extended warranty with honda?

Sent from my HTC One X using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
57 Posts
Both of my visors have broken and I got the same pricing on each from the dealer. I am going to be trying this to see if it will fix my problem. It is a pain to drive without sunvisors

·
Registered
14 Posts
MY driver broke for the second time a few weeks ago. Dealer said they would fix it, I took it to them and they said it was just past the 7yr warranty. Im still pissed off. We cant help it honda makes the interior out of a ******* M&M. They should have to pay for it until they have a better design. I guess im rigging mine up until I find some used ones

·
Registered
73 Posts
I just got some visors from an accord. I think it was an 05 accord sedan.... Same color. Fits like it is suppose to be there.... And they slide extend as well. Only thing is that the lights don't work. I probably could wire the lights up though.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
9 Posts
My passenger side is on its 3rd replacement and it just crapped out again. Time to do this fix, I just don't think the Honda visors are built to withstand the Arizona sun, the visor needs a visor.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
No worries, I'm in AZ too (Phoenix) and it gets up to 119 outside. I fixed mine 4 years ago and haven't had a problem.
Just make sure you fix both visors even if one of them is broken, because it's just a matter of time until it pops open. Good luck!

·
Registered
46 Posts
this worked great! thanks a lot. i just fixed my wife's visor and did the passenger side to prevent it from exploding

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Want to try this on my 2010, visor not split (problem fixed my @ss Honda) but wants to not hold tight to headliner and drives me crazy.

Can only find these in a 15 pack at almost $30.

Anyone got a lead on singles available any place ??

41 - 60 of 81 Posts