8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 396 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok everyone well i got a few requests on how to do this so i decided to post up a DIY. im running 5000k HID's and also yellow luminics bulbs for the high beams.

finished product

Materials:
electrical wire(not sure how much...but enough)
crimpers/wire cutters
male and female connectors
fuse
1.2 ohm resistor
switch

heres a crappy wiring diagram

pretty much how it goes is: battery>switch>fuse>resistor>high beams

1. run wire from the positive terminal of your battery through the firewall to the switch.
2. ground the switch (theres a grounding point underneath the steering wheel, just pop off the cover under there) and run wire back out of the firewall to your fuse.
3. youre going to need a 7.5 fuse like this

4. from the fuse, run wire to your 1.2 ohm resistor. i got this from o'reillys.

5. then from the resistor run 2 seperate wires to each of the high beam connectors. splice them into the white wires.

i mounted my switch here under the steering wheel

and that should be it. turn on your low beams then flip the switch.:thumb:

WARNING: the resistor does get very hot very fast but its perfectly ok as long as no wires are touching it...and you dont touch it either

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
+1. i like what your doin just not feelin it for my setup. imo i dont like all the diff colors of the lights, i got the parking lights are one color, hids, yellow fogs and half ass yellow drl cuz of the half power. but its your car and you got the skill to hook it up

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^yeah i agree for you that would be too many lights. but for me i dont really like the fogs for the sedan so i decided this would be alright...besides ive always liked the dc2 ITR headlights so i like this:thumb:

I

·
0 Posts
Would there be any complications met if you had the swtich on, and then turned on your high beams??

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ImTheVoiceOfGod said:
Would there be any complications met if you had the swtich on, and then turned on your high beams??
actually i dont think if tried this before. i remember doing something that blew the fuse but im not sure what it was. im going to have to try this tomorrow and ill let you guys know

I

·
0 Posts
EntropyXIII said:
actually i dont think if tried this before. i remember doing something that blew the fuse but im not sure what it was. im going to have to try this tomorrow and ill let you guys know
Thanks, just so someone doesnt do this and end up damaging something. If if does end badly, just add a disclaimer to your OP.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well if anything the only thing that should, SHOULD go wrong is the fuse blows...thats what i put it there for, just in case. but yes we'll see

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok everyone just went out in the garage to turn on the brights and nothing happened. the brights came on fine, no fuses blew, and when i flipped off the brights the DRL's stayed on with the low beams. so its all good to go. post up some pics in here all of yall who do it so we can get a good thread out of this:popcorn:

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
^^yes im sure you could splice the wires into your foglight switch. im not sure how to do it because i dont have fogs but if you look on the back of the switch theres most likely a way to do it...and also everyone i added a warning to the bottom of my first post so check it out. and for the lazy people V

WARNING: the resistor does get very hot very fast but its perfectly ok as long as no wires are touching it...and you dont touch it either

1 - 20 of 396 Posts