8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not sure if this has been posted, but I found a few posts on search about finding them...you can make one EASY!

I went to Autozone, or Murray's, or wherever...and bought Spark Plug Defoulers...from the old V8 days. I THINK it was 18MM? sounds familiar. Anyway, but 2, or maybe they come in a pack of two? take them home, drill one out so the hole in the bottom is larger...screw them together and presto! Cost me $2.18! :)

**UPDATE: WeaponR defouler in...pics and sizing here: Cars and rants

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
I am bumping this thread in case people cannot find a defouler and want to DIY.
Many people are inquiring about where to buy defoulers.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Not sure if this has been posted, but I found a few posts on search about finding them...you can make one EASY!

I went to Autozone, or Murray's, or wherever...and bought Spark Plug Defoulers...from the old V8 days. I THINK it was 18MM? sounds familiar. Anyway, but 2, or maybe they come in a pack of two? take them home, drill one out so the hole in the bottom is larger...screw them together and presto! Cost me $2.18! :)
the brand is called HELP but i forgot the part number. just drill the 1/4" hole in one only to 1/2". put that drilled one on ur o2 sensor and the nonrilled on top. if ur cel is illuminated, give it a couple of days, or drive cycles, to take affect. ive been cel-free now for 3 weeks and counting. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
sir, would you know what is the brand of the defouler you bought fron excelerate? thanks.

They were from Strutking, but when I PM'ed them, they told me that they had voluntarily stopped selling them. I don't know why they did this as it would seem there was quite a demand for them. Hopefully, we can get another source for you guys who need one.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
i have the Vibrant w/ HFC...
The defoulers should be the same for any header because the threads on the bung are the same for the O2 sensors. The bungs have to be able to accept both sensors that are screwed in.

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
Well since NitrousG35 is also runing the same RH as you & he is using the angled de-fouler the I would suggest the same for you.

·
Registered
431 Posts
The defoulers should be the same for any header because the threads on the bung are the same for the O2 sensors. The bungs have to be able to accept both sensors that are screwed in.
how much did you pay for the defouler?...cause i have a link that sells angled defoulers for $45.00 and it is universal...

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
how much did you pay for the defouler?...cause i have a link that sells angled defoulers for $45.00 and it is universal...
I paid $35, but I wouldn't quibble about 10 bucks. If you have a link, post it up for all the guys out there who are on the sidelines waiting to buy a header, or who are having CEL issues. You will be everyone's hero. :thumb:

·
Registered
431 Posts
1 - 20 of 149 Posts