8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

881 - 891 of 891 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Im currently working on my install right now. Ive ran into a problem though. The bracket that is connected to the upper end of the header will not come off. I was able to get the bolt off that is on the engine, but i cant get the bracket off of the header. Any suggestions? Im running into a problem now where i cant remove the upper end of the header.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I wasn't able to get it off either. I still managed to pull it out attached to it.

Enjoy it's such a fun time under there :fistpump:

·
Registered
117 Posts
I wasn't able to get it off either. I still managed to pull it out attached to it.

Enjoy it's such a fun time under there :fistpump:
It was a doozie. Most stressful "bolt on" I've ever done. I ended up getting it turned so i could get a breaker bar on it. Anyways, i got it done. Sounds good except when Im WOT, I'm hearing kind of a steading hissing noise. Is that an exhaust leak? It doesn't sound bad, it just didn't do that with stock so I'm curious. Its not tuned yet either. Going to do that next week with VitViper.

·
Registered
9 Posts
DCRH done. Took like 5 hours bc one of the header bolts stripped ended up using an extractor on it, shoulda did that instead of messing with it for so long. The manifold came right now, no problems there.

It's still really quiet with the stock exhaust, thinking about just deleting the resonator for now. Anybody know what it would sound like?

·
Registered
4 Posts
My bad if someone asked this already. But did you have any trouble with the head gasket? Someone told me I have to buy a new one when I install it. I mean they are cheap but just wondering.

881 - 891 of 891 Posts