8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

861 - 880 of 891 Posts

·
Registered
7,416 Posts
No. It deletes the cat so you will fail. I am sorry. Move to somewhere where they don't check lol.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ok so I just did a header swap to the vibrant with the hfc. Just a note to anyone who plans on doing a swap....atleast replace your rear motor mount. After install it whistles from the flex pipe. So to anyone who hears a whistle and you have stock mounts check your flex pipe and get. your mounts upgraded

·
Registered
147 Posts
Well it took me 9 hours do it, but I finally got my header installed! I was working by myself so it was incredibly hard. I almost wished that I would have sprung for a nicer header to not have to worry about doing this install EVER again. I ran into a few snags but the hardest and most time consuming part was trying to get the header bolted to the engine. It really is a two person job. It didn't help that the cheap Tsudo header I bought had a poorly designed hanger. All in all I'm just glad to be done and the Tsudo header paired with the Vibrant exhaust sounds pretty good. A little raspier than before, but that's to be expected with a catless header.

One question for anybody reading, I'm using a FlashPro map that is K&N sri, Vibrant Header w/ HFC, Vibrant Street Power exhaust, is this gonna be an issue since I don't have a cat? I've been waiting to get my etune til I installed a header so I will likely get it next week. :vtec:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Great DIY. Used it to install my PLM header yesterday. I was a little confused with the pics at first until I got under there then everything made sense. Thank you!!!!!!!! :clapping:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Got a quick question fellow members. If I did a homemade icebox intake and got a dc race header. Would I need to buy reflash to have safe a/f ratios. Or just disconnect the battery and letting the computer reset itself be fine?

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'm on hour 5.....can't figure how to get the middle bottom and bottom right bolt out of the manifold....they are not cooperating. My freaking arms are too big to get at it from the top and the bottom looks like forest of metal and ****.... why did I not pay to get this done :cornmad:

861 - 880 of 891 Posts