8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is a DIY for the corsport front strut bar.

First thing would be to take off the plastic cowl. To do so remove the 3 small plastic tabs located in the left, middle, and the right. After those 3 are removed located 2 more gray plastic tabs on the way left and the right, located near the fender.

Once the tabs are removed gently pull up on the cowl. Its held on by plastic clips. Once the cowl is removed pull out the winshield wiper hose.

Remove the 3 nuts holding the strut with a 14mm socket.

Once removed place the bar and re-install the 14mm nuts on both sides.

Once the install is done put the cowls back in place and your done!
Here is the finished product

Thanks to Tai, and Remy @ Corsport for the great service!
:thumb:

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nice. any noticable differences?

and when you cover it back up does it look oem as f***??
Once the cowl is back into place it covers the whole strut. Won't be able to notice it at all.
Difference? Yes...it feels much more responsive when turning into corners.

nice diy bro you should feel it when cornering hard and less body roll. i was thinking of adding to this 2 to complement my other braces.
Get it! Its cheap and its a great mod!

Sick, thanks for posting!
No problem! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
What did you torque the nuts back to? I'm about to put on my strut bar since it isn't helping much sitting on the floor in my living room. Didn't see any specs on that in any of the books that came with the car. Plan on heading up to Auto Zone here in a minute to buy a Haynes manual.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.