8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
When I installed my comptech ss, I didn't put a towel over the blue piece that you have to pop off and put on the ss, so when I got it off, I didn't know where it went and I had to look for it for over an hour and had to take out the center console. Worst mistake I could've made, but I got it done and love it.

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
nese005 said:
^^^ lol i made sure i didnt lose that damn blue cap lol
Well another thing that sucked with my install was I didn't get the tool from comptech with either kit (one for my wife's fa and one for my fg), so I had to use an open-end wrench to take it off.

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
I bought the CompTech SS and it should arrive here sometime this weekend. I'll definitely be using this DIY on the install. Oh, and this should definitely be moved to 'DIY Transmission' not engine.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
has this happened to anyone? i did this to my lx, and after 3 months or less, two things happened, 1) i couldnt get into 1st gear smoothly. like i put it in, but when i want to go it grinds and kicks it out of first gear. then i have to try to put it in fast, cuz everyone honking, 2) it feels like before i installed the SS. like if there was no SS. =( sucks!

·
Registered
552 Posts
i didnt have that tool thing. but i found out this works just as well.

i found some scrap metal layin around. i think it was 1/8" piece of steel. i drilled a hole in the center bout 1/2" and cut to one edge from both sides of my hole. and there i was, my own custom shifter-blue-cap-puller-outer-thingy. anyway, just thought id toss that in there for the folks that are havin trouble with it.

·
Registered
143 Posts
what about the skunk2 ss?
Don't do it.. I bought the Skunk2 short shifter because I found it for $46 shipped on ebay and went to install it today with no luck at all.. It's designed different than the Comptech from what I can tell, and whatever they did different failed. That being said, I'm returning it and getting the TWM..

Thanks for the write up!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Igonore my previous post.. I'm just an idiot and after pming someone with the Skunk2 SS installed I got mine on.. This write up was very helpful regardless of the type of short shifter being installed. Good job!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Since CT-engineering doesn't make that version anymore. To take the blue cap off (use flathead screwdriver) won't damage. to put the blue cap on the ss, simply place the blue cap on a wall, the ss, take a towle to protect ur palm, and push until it snaps (goes in pretty easy). Remember to use the locktite liquid on the screws!!

41 - 60 of 83 Posts