·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was done on my 07 Si. But will Fit 06+ EX/DX/LX models

Time to make install: 15-20 mins

Tools needed:
Putty knife.
A set of allen wrenches( I forgot what size it was sorry)

Before pic:

After Silver consol was removed and shifter boot was pulled up:

*note* before you take the black part of the center console out MAKE sure you take out anything loose that might be there. I forgot to do so and spare change went all over the place.

2 pics of complete shifter before being taken apart:

To take the shifter cable off I used my 2 thumb nails to take the wire spring clip off. I think this should have been a little beefer then it is. As it was very easy to take off.

Here is a pic of the tool given to remove the ball cap. I had to turn it a little bit to remove the ball cap. But Put a towel under and over the cap, because when it comes off it goes flying.

The ball cap off and clean:

Place the ball cap onto the Comptech SS. I used a C clamp the directions I got from comptech/corsport says to use a vise. I don't have a vise therefore the reason I used a C clamp. You hear a SNAP when the ball cap is on the Comptech piece.

What the ball cap should look like on the Comptech SS. If it doesnt call up Honda and Comptech and order some new pieces.

Comptech SS on Si shifter:

Complete shifter assembly W/ Comptech SS installed.

Center console put back on. Instal Complete:

The Comptech SS was easy to put in. The throw on the shifter I considerable shorter. If you need any pics/help send me a PM. Also how well was this write up done. Any advise on how to make it better? Also any advise for my future DIY? Anything helpful or not is welcome. Thanks, John

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
nice bro. hope you remembered all that for when you put mine on. i can't wait its gonna be f in bad.

·
Registered
33 Posts
EMERGENCY

i drop the clip that is suppose to lock the lever to the ball in the console and made a "clank" soound, im thinking its right under the cup holders

please help if anyone knows how to take off the console

-frank

·
Premium Member
81,069 Posts
kautionxboi said:
i drop the clip that is suppose to lock the lever to the ball in the console and made a "clank" soound, im thinking its right under the cup holders

please help if anyone knows how to take off the console

-frank

In the center arm rest.. there is a rubber cover that you can pull out.. there are two black screws there, if you take out both the silver shifter cover and the front console that is near the aux input you will see where the plastic is connected to the metal frame... take those two screws out (they look exactly like the screws inside the arm rest) . On the passenger side underneath the glove box.. you need to take that panel out.. Once that is out, you have to take out a bumper clip on that side. On the drivers side, all you have to do is pop out the clip. After that the whole center console should come out. Just lift up a little bit and pull back the whole piece (holding onto the arm rest portion)

I had to do that when installing the base bushings because I dropped it underneath the cup holders.. good luck

·
Registered
146 Posts
i know its not the same car, but i love my comptech SS

and i have a tsx shift knob which is about the same as the Si knob which i also love

·
Registered
133 Posts
Holy sh*t! How the hell are you suppose to take the blue cap off? I tried to pull the damned thing out for 30 mins. I even took apart my center console to give myself more room to yank on it. Any tips on how to take it off? Is there another way of taking it off without using that tool?

·
Premium Member
81,069 Posts
mrk said:
Holy sh*t! How the hell are you suppose to take the blue cap off? I tried to pull the damned thing out for 30 mins. I even took apart my center console to give myself more room to yank on it. Any tips on how to take it off? Is there another way of taking it off without using that tool?

Well, I think you would have been better off keeping the center console on so you have som leverage to pull with.. but make sure the removal tool looks like a U not a n when you place it on the blue cap. What I did was grab the center console with my two thumbs and put as many fingers on the removal tool and pulled hard as I could and it popped it fairly easily. Give that a try

·
Registered
133 Posts
ryryninja said:
Well, I think you would have been better off keeping the center console on so you have som leverage to pull with.. but make sure the removal tool looks like a U not a n when you place it on the blue cap. What I did was grab the center console with my two thumbs and put as many fingers on the removal tool and pulled hard as I could and it popped it fairly easily. Give that a try
Do I pull the blue cap straight off or do I kinda shift it to the side and slide it off around the top? I just went back and spent 30 mins on it again to no avail.

·
Premium Member
81,069 Posts
I only pulled straight off, I wouldn't want to shift side to side in risk of destroying the blue cap. It's on there pretty tight so give it some elbow grease! It should come off! Don't be afraid

·
Registered
260 Posts
Man I installed this and the base bushings at the same time and WOW what a difference! Should come from the factory like this.

·
Registered
442 Posts
not sure if they are still selling them or if they've been liquidated (from the 'closing' of comptech)... they might or might not have started selling them again... i DO know that corsport should be having a set come out soon...

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
1 - 20 of 83 Posts