8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

41 - 60 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
you can get them anywhere NAPA,PEPboys, Adavnced auto parts. Depends where you live.All major parts store carry compression tester's.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thank you for this great diy.

I really need to do this on my r18

I jus need to make sure that the si and lx fuel pump fuses are the same?
Also isnt 10 cranks a little too much?

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Thank you for this great diy.

I really need to do this on my r18

I jus need to make sure that the si and lx fuel pump fuses are the same?
Also isnt 10 cranks a little too much?
You're welcome,

10 cranks should be fine.

·
Registered
543 Posts
^ no edit?

Not necessarily 10 cranks but you want enough cranks so you get an accurate peak rating.. IE your first crank might will be innaccurate, and probably the following, on the 3rd,4th,5th the needle should register the same compression value..

I netted an avg of 190 across all four.. About 7-8 cranks per cylinder..

·
Registered
18,914 Posts
im suprised the SI is as low as that.

my 08 fit was reading a healthy 245,245,253,245...and i know that the compression ratio is lower.

but great DIY. +1 imaginary rep

·
Registered
933 Posts
ive missed a gear before..and it scared me...but does it give bad performance? ive replaced spark plugs so that will be easy....but what are the disadvantages of having a big difference in compression?

·
Registered
25,210 Posts

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
just read this and i should test my motor for fun (have nothing to do nowadays), so what cost 30 bucks? compression reader?

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
This is only partially related to this DIY, but I figured this is a good thread in which to ask.

How do you reseal the cowl trim (matte black plastic) to the windshield, namely beneath the arms of the windshield wipers? I removed this piece when I installed my header, and it now rests only partially sealed on the passenger side. I could fit a pinned tube into the gap if there is any light sealant out there I could use to fix it (anyone?)

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
you're welcome, it's probably the most googled diy compresion test hah, if not second most googled compression test.

41 - 60 of 95 Posts