8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Quail Man!
28,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1. start off by finding something to pry the trim apart i used a throwing knife and small pry bar.

and then you are left with a little lip sticking out find something to hit that to
2. knock it down, i used the bottom of a screwdriver.

3. now you can see the 2 screws on the knob, unscrew them. but be careful not to drop them, they are short screws

4. now find something to pry up the trim i used a tool from my leatherman. that corner is where you need to pry. it comes up pretty easily.

5.now pry the 2 tabs that hold on the PRND piece as pictured.

there is a bulb attatched to this. twist the bulb and it will pull out. you can replace this bulb with a blue one to make them light up blue if you wish too :) but im doing a shifter boot so i wont be doing that. heres a pic of the bulb

and now you are done, you can put a shift boot on there if you wish or w/e you want.

heres some pics of how i attatched my shift boot too if anyone wanted to know.

·
Banned
1,821 Posts
I actually went extreme on my auto 98 tegr. turned completely stickshift. i went with with s2000 six speed tranny, rear wheel drive, twin turbo. I got an accord V6 motor shoe horned in there. the firewall was moved seven inches. got rid of it cos i was street racing in ontario off of etiwanda and there were too many people losing their school lunch money and so yeah.
Great diy thou

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I actually went extreme on my auto 98 tegr. turned completely stickshift. i went with with s2000 six speed tranny, rear wheel drive, twin turbo. I got an accord V6 motor shoe horned in there. the firewall was moved seven inches. got rid of it cos i was street racing in ontario off of etiwanda and there were too many people losing their school lunch money and so yeah.
Great diy thou
lol....funny...

right???

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
holy cow you can take of the PNRD tab thing off?? Lol, I have a shift boot on mine and it took forever for me to keep the silver trip to stay because there's no room for the boot to go. Would this free up room and get the silver trip to stay better? Great DIY!

1 - 20 of 114 Posts