8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

2921 - 2936 of 2936 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
thanks jnjs, i will give that a try when i get a chance, pta to get the steering wheel trim out

also regarding the climate leds, i tried many neo wedge oem fit bulbs in there, they would flicker or burn out, then i tried these smd neo wedge and it worked perfect, no problems so far been 2 weeks

·
Registered
14 Posts
leds i ordered from ebay. They were plug and play fit exactly like the oem bulbs

i searched t4.2 smd led on ebay

i ended up getting the 5050 led which is kind of too bright, maybe the 1210 led will be better.

is there any downside to this? it works?

·
Registered
372 Posts
leds i ordered from ebay. They were plug and play fit exactly like the oem bulbs

i searched t4.2 smd led on ebay

i ended up getting the 5050 led which is kind of too bright, maybe the 1210 led will be better.

is there any downside to this? it works?
The only thing I can think of is check the voltage. If it says 12-14 vdc you're probably ok because you won't need to worry about the resistors.

Also, your dash looks seriously good! I really like the blue, plus your leds don't have hot spots. Really clean.

·
Registered
14 Posts
For anyone trying to to the climate bulbs and set/sel

an easy way to do it is order these smd led t4.2 from ebay, its $3.50 for 10

u can simply replace the old bulbs with these screw them in, now u will have 3 left, u can use them to do the set/sel simply remove the old bulbs from the t3 and put in one of these and ur good

the only thing does that need soldering is the steering wheel controls which im still struggling with to get right

·
Registered
14 Posts
10 x T3 T4.2 T4.7 5050 1 SMD LED Car Instrument Light Dashboard Gauge Lamp 12V | eBay

For anyone trying to to the climate bulbs and set/sel

an easy way to do it is order these smd led t4.2 from ebay, its $3.50 for 10

u can simply replace the old bulbs with these screw them in, now u will have 3 left, u can use them to do the set/sel simply remove the old bulbs from the t3 and put in one of these and ur good

the only thing does that need soldering is the steering wheel controls which im still struggling with to get right

·
Registered
372 Posts
I have something pretty much identical to that in my arsenal of lighting supplies. The shipping took so long so I got impatient and soldered some leds on instead, lol. At least I have spares if the leds should blow, haha!

·
Super Moderator
2,147 Posts
here's a picture i drew up for someone who is not verbally inclined(like i am).

keep in mind i used the original bulb holders for the HVAC and just cut them down to accommodate the LEDs.image

just keep at it and don't get frustrated by it. i took me a few attempts to get the temp knob and the radio the way i wanted.

and don't worry about not doing this before. like you i had almost zero experience with this kind of things before i attempted it. i had to you tube how to solder.

trust me its worth it when your done.

Nice! (I know this reply is 7 years old) I never understood how the OP got the "changing LED light color" to change. Thanks! (where ever you are, LOL).

·
Super Moderator
2,147 Posts
To answer my own question:

There is a physical divider between the "cold/hot" section of the button (knob), this is what "makes" the LED color change. IN other words, the divider prevents the other LED light (red/blue) from bleeding into the other section, hence the illusion that it changes color. So then: The red LED is "bent" into the hot section of the knob and the blue is "bent" into the cold. Wow, I'm dumb.

Would love to do this, but my plans include doing the CSX A/C control mod. (the CSX/Hybrid temp knob has no "indicator window where a light could be placed like in the regular A/C knob) Still, cool mod.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, how are you!
I changed the led of the volume control and for an oversight something went wrong and the lights went out! It was only the side that was changing the LEDs. the other the light lights up normal. Did it burn the circuit? Or is it some fuse? I looked over the manual and did not find it.
It popped (TEC) the same way when fuse burns. but I did not find any burnt.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Hello, how are you!
I changed the led of the volume control and for an oversight something went wrong and the lights went out! It was only the side that was changing the LEDs. the other the light lights up normal. Did it burn the circuit? Or is it some fuse? I looked over the manual and did not find it.
It popped (TEC) the same way when fuse burns. but I did not find any burnt.
Is the bulb itself blown? What was the voltage of the bulb you used and what kind was it?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hello my doods. About three years ago I sent all my interior lights to mike and he wired them up with some blue leds. Everything ran great for the longest time but one by one they're going out. The fog light button was first, next the passenger window switch and now both ac knobs are out (though the red led for the temp change comes back every now and then). The lights will start to flicker intermittently and then go out, sometimes they'll come back on and continue to flicker (like a turn signal flickers though, there's rhythm). Several others have completely gone out and I was wondering which leds I should buy to replace them? The thread is old and so are most of the links people have used and I really want to make sure whichever ones I get will match the color and brightness of the rest of them. Thank you frendz!

Here's a old video I found of when most the lights were still working but on their way out:
https://youtu.be/vcqJNf5DsZA

·
Registered
5 Posts
thanks jnjs, i will give that a try when i get a chance, pta to get the steering wheel trim out

also regarding the climate leds, i tried many neo wedge oem fit bulbs in there, they would flicker or burn out, then i tried these smd neo wedge and it worked perfect, no problems so far been 2 weeks

What lights u use under dash, clean bro

2921 - 2936 of 2936 Posts