8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

2881 - 2900 of 2936 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks, I have one issue if anyone here can help. Under the tach needle is a clear plastic piece. I had to sand it down to fit after I installed the pink leds for the needle and I sanded the wrong side so I left it out. Now everytime you get out of the car and come back in (when the tach and speedo light up), the tach needle drops down to the bottom of the bezel. Next time someone takes a tach needle off can you see if there is a stop pin or something on that clear plastic piece? I can't think of anything else that would cause the issue. It's spot on accurate once you reset the needle to 0. Thanks in advance.

·
https://goo.gl/h7GssA
20,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,885
Thanks, I have one issue if anyone here can help. Under the tach needle is a clear plastic piece. I had to sand it down to fit after I installed the pink leds for the needle and I sanded the wrong side so I left it out. Now everytime you get out of the car and come back in (when the tach and speedo light up), the tach needle drops down to the bottom of the bezel. Next time someone takes a tach needle off can you see if there is a stop pin or something on that clear plastic piece? I can't think of anything else that would cause the issue. It's spot on accurate once you reset the needle to 0. Thanks in advance.
i will have to take a look at my car when i finish work

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Only problem I have run into with pink leds is that there isnt a actual pink led. If you are using RGB leds to mix the colors to create the pink color you should be fine but if they are a single led that is pink they are white leds with a powder imbedded in them to give off a pink light. Over time they will fade to white. The ones I got off eBay that were pink that I used in my gf's car faded to pure white in a matter of a month or less.
What I did to counteract this was to just leave them white and go in and insert pieces of pink gel films (from a theatre supply store made to be put over a spotlight) over them much like the blueish ones you remove from the climate controls from the factory.

For reference of what I mean by spotlight gel films :thumbsup:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mine are actually pink leds...got them from uniqueleds.com...all 3mm. I have confirmed that my issue is not a stop pin or something...it always rests where it is supposed to now. My issue is accuracy...the longer you drive the worse it gets. Sometimes it is off high, sometimes low, but it is never right on. Still need to play with it been busy getting ready for the new baby.

·
20,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,888
i will just use white leds and pink gels....

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hey, is there the beginning of the tutorial that tells you how to take the heat controls out? Some of my LEDs seemed to die and I need those replaced.

·
20,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,898
any questions please whatsapp me at 4164734112 or bbm at 267098a9 or email at [email protected]

yes i still do this for people in person or shipped in its 180$

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sorry if this is a repost, this thread is getting too long.

-KMM, are the original bulbs from the radio and AC controls the same??? In terms of their width, not length.

I'm asking because I've replaced the AC controls with these LEDs:
2pcs T3 T4 T5 Neo Wedge Dash LED Bulbs(Blue/White) : eBay Motors (item 190376257928 end time Mar-03-10 23:40:49 PST) .

I have removed the blue film behind the buttons and they look white now instead of blue. This is what is looks like now:

If both the radio and AC uses the same bulbs, I plan to get more LEDs and replace the radio lights.
Exactly what i'm trying to avoid. I found a bulb set on eBay for $20 but i'm afraid it wont match the radio ones.

Ughhh, i guess i have no choice but to get the OEM ones from Honda and pay twice as much.

Anyone know any parts sites that have free shipping? So annoying to have to pay $15 shipping for a few bulbs. Gimme a break!

2881 - 2900 of 2936 Posts