8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 225 Posts

·
Banned
8,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
glove box

unscrew the 8 mm nut -L/R

take the glove box out. *the glove box will fall off (support it) and pull the lever that will open the glove box.

unclip the filter box

pull the filter out.

change the filter by pushing the back side of the filter. *put the new one in if needed.

reverse you disassemble for installation.

tools needed. 8mm socket.

·
Registered
516 Posts
there is an easier way.
instead of removing the glove box you can just open it past its normal location.
almost every honda/acura ive worked on can do this in one way or another.

Just open the glove box

then press in on both sides like this. (i needed one hand for the camera)

once you press both sides in enough the glove box should open past its stops.

do the same to put the glovebox back

much faster, and doesnt require any tools beside your two hands

·
idgaf
6,953 Posts
When or how often do you have change the cabin filter? I always thought around 30k miles

·
Registered
325 Posts
Thanks to you guys for this very helpful/informative thread. I had no idea where the Cabin Filter was located until now, let alone how to change it.

·
Registered
291 Posts
it really depends on the climate that you drive in, going 15k in a rainy environment the filter isn't going to show very little dirt. driving 15k in the city you never know how much build up is on that thing. I had an 06' Maxima come in with only 8k miles and there were pine needles and a little rats nest laying on top of the filter. With the filter being so easy to acces you might as well check it every oil change. It makes for a better driving experience.

·
Banned
3,565 Posts
It doesn't hurt to check. My car has 6,500 miles and I have not driven in dirty or dusty conditions. As you can see from this PIC, it looks like an abandoned rats nest with all the crap in there.

T

·
0 Posts
i agree.....rep point fo sho'

i wondered where the thing went. thanx!
when r u sposed to change it?

1 - 20 of 225 Posts
About this Discussion
224 Replies
180 Participants
smackbang77
8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
We’re a community for 8th Gen 2006 - 2011 Civic owners to discuss performance mods, body kits, Si models, turbo kits and accessories. Come Join the club!
Full Forum Listing