8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

341 - 360 of 363 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is it the inner sleeve that is slipping off? The Bolt too short?
I work at a machine shop and that inner sleeve would be insanely easy to create.
I just bought a car that came with the shift knob but it's missing the inner sleeve. Could you make me one? Do you have the specs? Because I don't

J

·
Registered
3 Posts
How did your shift boot come out? If you don't mind me asking

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Hi mvp1395, I bought a car that came with most of it. I did contact the seller and he said he will look around for it but I don't think he'll find it.
I would hate to have to buy a new one. (although if I have to I'll at least be able to have two of the knobs I can switch back and forth)
Sickspeed hasn't gotten back to me when I emailed them either...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hi mvp1395, I bought a car that came with most of it. I did contact the seller and he said he will look around for it but I don't think he'll find it.
I would hate to have to buy a new one. (although if I have to I'll at least be able to have two of the knobs I can switch back and forth)
Sickspeed hasn't gotten back to me when I emailed them either...
Ah gotcha gotcha. Looking to do that to my r18 thought it would look pretty cool. Awesome write up man now I just need to find the right knob. Does it have to have a trigger?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ah gotcha gotcha. Looking to do that to my r18 thought it would look pretty cool. Awesome write up man now I just need to find the right knob. Does it have to have a trigger?

Apparently not. You press down on the knob to change gears. From the video I saw on youtube it's important to have that little metal sleeve.
I'll just have to buy a new one ... 30 bucks on sickspeeds site

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a question, and I'm probably putting it in the wrong place, but here it goes?

Do the letters on the gear selector (P,N,R,D,D3 etc) have an indicator light to tell you what gear you're in?

I just bought a 2011 Civic SE AT and when I have the interior lights, if I change gears, there's no indicator telling me what gear I'm in.

Is this normal?

·
Wegue Wegue
12,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #355
I have a question, and I'm probably putting it in the wrong place, but here it goes?

Do the letters on the gear selector (P,N,R,D,D3 etc) have an indicator light to tell you what gear you're in?

I just bought a 2011 Civic SE AT and when I have the interior lights, if I change gears, there's no indicator telling me what gear I'm in.

Is this normal?
On... your Instrument Cluster.
I haven't looked at the indicator since 2007....

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
You "manual" guys get all the fun! Not alot of options out there for us "automatic" folks.

Your shifter looks great!
Well, my car is automatic. you can see the shifting pedals behind the steering wheel.
And the knob and boot are from the new 10th gen Civic. :vtec:

341 - 360 of 363 Posts