8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

321 - 340 of 363 Posts

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
even with an adaptor you have to press down. unless you replace the entire mechanism. once you take off your stock one you'll see that there's a little thing you have to press down in order to move it all.

·
Registered
7 Posts
What if you used window weld and kept it weighted down until it cured, safeties r for chumps, theres no safety on a stick plus its like the other dude said it wont go into reverse when moving forward.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Okay just did mine didnt use window weld lol kindof a dumb idea. but i did get it to where it stays pushed down and can still take the key out, thx to a little duct tape. to do this theres a white arm on the right side thats triggered by pressing the brake just push it forward so u can press the button all the way down and duct tape around it to hold it down. then the part thay makes it to where the button has to be up is on the left its like a fridge light switch kinda. but just prop that to stay up i used a lil ball of duct tape then put ur stuff on my boot is homemade outta a black sheet an a auto zone knob his names shifty. this is what i call a clutch free in line stick;)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sweet!!. knob and boot ordered had to do this to mine I got a auto momo shifter replica for 9$ online and 15 $ for a leather boot off ebay

321 - 340 of 363 Posts