8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

301 - 310 of 310 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,147 Posts
LUNs: If you can find a way to get these hybrid ACC panels to work, that would be great! The CSX ACC panels are getting very tough to get. Even on fleabay in the last few years, I've only seen maybe 2. Luckily I have 2 panels, but if someone else wants to do this, they best have patience.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Want to do it ...

I know this is quite an old thread but I want to do this conversion to my 2010 Si... I want to keep things as clean as possible and want to use a CSX Type-S sub-harness to do this plug and play. Is there anyone who knows how to do it using this method, do I still need to tap in the cluster wires, what harness do I need for the sunbeam sensor, humidity etc... Thanks a lot !

·
Super Moderator
2,147 Posts
I know this is quite an old thread but I want to do this conversion to my 2010 Si... I want to keep things as clean as possible and want to use a CSX Type-S sub-harness to do this plug and play. Is there anyone who knows how to do it using this method, do I still need to tap in the cluster wires, what harness do I need for the sunbeam sensor, humidity etc... Thanks a lot !
If you don't use the harness, I wouldn't lose sleep over it. AS you say, it would be a cleaner install. I have the harness, but wire cutting/splicing is inevitable.

As far as slicing into the cluster wires, I know of NO other way. The sensor, humidity, etc............. love it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Would love to do this, but not feeling comfortable with a Hybrid control set since acura's is impossible to find....

Overall cudos for the great deal of research that went into this though ! Long live this thread :)

·
Super Moderator
2,147 Posts
Would love to do this, but not feeling comfortable with a Hybrid control set since acura's is impossible to find....

Overall cudos for the great deal of research that went into this though ! Long live this thread :)
If you can score an Acura one, do it, but then again, you would have to find another recirc arm (practically impossible to find). A hybrid one, well, it's been discussed............ it simply won't work (properly).

·
Super Moderator
2,147 Posts
Hey, have you ever solve this issue. I have completed the mod but having this same issue . Thanks
Try this thread:

It might help, hope it does. Do you know if you have any DTC codes?

@maaxboost, you mentioned to me that you have an SI from Argentina? I wonder if that has anything to do with this? Some members who successfully did this mod are no longer active, I'd love to hear what they have to say about this. Good luck, if I find anything, I'll comment.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, first of all thanks for reply to my messages. I’m from colombia, but researching and thanks to a friend from Argentina I was able to get an amber ACC. Witch I believe it’s the same as the CSX since it only has the 32 pin conector. I ordered all the sensors new from Honda; and scored trough eBay a complete blower assembly to get the arm. Reading back and forward all the forums I gather the information and wiring diagrams and I was able to connect everything. So basically Thea car has now ACC. But my only issue it’s with the temperature on the speedometer. For some reason the temperature drops from 25 C to 12 C( in the city that I live 25 it’s normal outside temperature). If I disconnect the ACC the temperature goes back from 12 to 25 C*. Today I troubleshoot the ACC by pressing de recirculating button and AUTO and base on the procedure it has nos issues or codes showing. So I’m assuming that the car Needs to be driven to gather the outside temp. ( don’t know if I’m correct, found this searching for problems with our outside temperature sensor).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good afternoon,
So here it is, the thread we've all been waiting for. Automatic climate control that works!

Credit is due! So before I go any further, two individuals deserve recognition. I merely took the research they did and applied it.

deltatechx has the first thread with real information that I came across. He did a lot of grunt work with figuring out how the Hybrid control module works and even bypassing some of the Hybrid only functions. This link will take you to his thread: adding auto a/c controls to my LX... diy coming soon

estyle made a huge discovery. deltatechx had trouble with the A/C engaging. The problem is that the Hybrid evaporator sensor operates at a different resistance than some of the other models. The sensor wouldn't sent a good signal to the module, which in turn threw off correct operation. estyle's research can be found on page 10 of the merged climate control thread: Automatic Climate Control threads merged

So what's the point of this DIY? It's the collection and organization of research by many. I hope that everyone benefits from this thread by finding the things they need, without having to dig through page after page of guesswork before finding the answers.

I won't cover connectors, depinning, or soldering in this thread. If you're attempting this conversion, you should have at least some experience with this.

My automatic climate control (ACC for short) conversion was done on my 2010 Civic Si sedan. Here's a list of the supplies used:

• 2007 CSX Type S Control Module with wiring pigtails

• 2010 Civic Hybrid Humidity/Interior Temperature Sensor
    P/N: 80590-SNC-A02

• 2010 Civic Hybrid Recirculating Control Motor (with arms)
    P/N (motor only): 79350-SNE-A41

• 2010 Civic Hybrid Sunbeam Sensor P/N: 80510-SDA-A41

• 2010 Civic Hybrid Aspirator and Hoses
    P/N (aspirator): 80534-S84-A41
    P/N (hose A): 80541-SNA-A40
    P/N (hose B): 80542-SNA-A40

• Outside Temperature Sensor (not needed on equipped models) P/N: 80525-S30-941
From what my research shows, any sedan Civic already has the necessary Evaporator Sensor (also called a Thermistor). If you have a coupe, though, you'll need to replace it. P/N: 80560-SNA-A01

If you're using a Hybrid control module you will need a Heater Core Sensor, P/N: 80550-SNC-A41

The arms for for recirculation motor I picked up off of a bad blower motor assembly I bought on eBay. Unfortunately, that's the only way to purchase to arms. I suppose if someone is handy enough, they could make their own. I'll post detailed photos and measurements of them at a later time.

I did some research and here's some compatibility for parts if users want to search for used items. Keep in mind, the parts have to come from a compatible vehicle that was equiped with ACC from the factory.

Some of the sensors were used on other Honda vehicles. If you're buying used parts, you can look for them from these models:
  • Outside Temperature Sensor: 03-12 Accord, 05-07 Accord Hybrid, 06-12 Civic, 03-12 Civic Hybrid, 06-12 Civic NGV, 05-12 CR-V, 11-12 CR-Z, 11-12 Crosstour, 00-12 Insight, 11-12 Odyssey, 06-12 Ridgeline, 06-09 S2000

• Recirculating Motor: 08-11 CR-V

• Aspirator Hose B: 08-11 CR-V

• Sun Beam Sensor: 03-07 Accord, 05-07 Accord Hybrid, 08-11 CR-V

• Aspirator: 98-12 Accord, 05-07 Accord Hybrid, 08-12 CR-V, 00-12 Odyssey, 06-08 Pilot, 06-12 Ridgeline, 10-12 Crosstour
Some models of Civics come with the same Evaporator sensor as the Hybrid (my Si, for example). From what I researched so far, the coupes use a completely different sensor than the sedans. Most sedans seem to use the same sensor as the Hybrid.

So the climate control module. The Hybrid is blue, the base CSX is blue, and the CSX Type S and Civic Type R are red. I suggest purchasing a CSX module that applies to the interior color of your vehicle. The Hybrid module requires extra steps that are avoided with the CSX modules. One important detail: get the wiring pigtails and the connectors. The stock ones will NOT work in the ACC modules.

I attempted to convert the color of my blue Hybrid module to red. In the process, I cracked, shattered, and destroyed the LCD display. To properly tint the LCD, the display needs to be desoldered from the circuit board. It's possible that this can be completed, but I do not know for sure.

Let's start with adding the module in. You'll need to move the wiring pins from the OEM connector to the ACC module connector. I'll make it easy on you all. The first column is from the manual controls, the second column is for the ACC controls. Move the pins from the OEM connector to the new one.

#1 BLK --> #7 BLK
#2 BRN --> #8 BRN
#3 ORN --> #23 ORN
#4 LT GRN --> #22 LT GRN
#5 PUR --> #21 PUR
#6 BLU --> #20 BLU
#7 BLU --> #14 BLU
#8 YEL --> #13 YEL
#9 BLANK
#10 BLANK
#11 BRN --> #6 BRN/BLU
#12 RED --> #17 RED
#13 RED --> #19 RED
#14 WHT --> #10 WHT
#15 GRN --> #12 GRN
#16 ORN --> #15 ORN
#17 PUR --> #16 PUR
#18 GRY --> #27 GRY
#19 LT BLU --> #9 LT BLU
#20 BLANK
#21 BLK --> #5 BLK
#22 BRN --> #2 BRN
#23 LT GRN --> #3 LT GRN
#24 GRY --> #1 GRY

So you've switched those wires over? Good. A major portion is completed.

Now we get into the fun stuff. Since you've already got your dash taken apart, remove the tachometer cluster and set it aside. We need to tap into three wires on the tach connector and run them over to the ACC module, B-CAN and the two wires for the Outside Temperature sensor. The B-CAN is a pink wire at pin number 21. (I'm editing this while at work, so I'll add the details later).

Moving along, the Sunbeam sensor needs to be added. Again, since we've got most of the dash taken apart, remove the portion covering the speedometer cluster. A plug in the dash where the sensor will go needs to be removed, as well as the speedo cluster. Take a long flathead screwdriver, place it in the square hole on the right, behind the speedo cluster, and press up. The plug should pop out (and probably go flying). For the sensor, you'll need a plug with two wires coming off the end of it. Go ahead and hook the connector up to the sensor, and then feed the wires down the hole that the sensor goes in. Do this first, because it is impossible to hook the connector up afterwards. Run the wires out the square hole and then down to the ACC connector.

That's all for one night. I'll be adding the rest over the weekend and the beginning of next week with photos of everything. The following posts will be reserved for wiring diagrams.

Enjoy!

[/QUOThat's the pink wire for ?
So here it is, the thread we've all been waiting for. Automatic climate control that works!

Credit is due! So before I go any further, two individuals deserve recognition. I merely took the research they did and applied it.

deltatechx has the first thread with real information that I came across. He did a lot of grunt work with figuring out how the Hybrid control module works and even bypassing some of the Hybrid only functions. This link will take you to his thread: adding auto a/c controls to my LX... diy coming soon

estyle made a huge discovery. deltatechx had trouble with the A/C engaging. The problem is that the Hybrid evaporator sensor operates at a different resistance than some of the other models. The sensor wouldn't sent a good signal to the module, which in turn threw off correct operation. estyle's research can be found on page 10 of the merged climate control thread: Automatic Climate Control threads merged

So what's the point of this DIY? It's the collection and organization of research by many. I hope that everyone benefits from this thread by finding the things they need, without having to dig through page after page of guesswork before finding the answers.

I won't cover connectors, depinning, or soldering in this thread. If you're attempting this conversion, you should have at least some experience with this.

My automatic climate control (ACC for short) conversion was done on my 2010 Civic Si sedan. Here's a list of the supplies used:

• 2007 CSX Type S Control Module with wiring pigtails

• 2010 Civic Hybrid Humidity/Interior Temperature Sensor
    P/N: 80590-SNC-A02

• 2010 Civic Hybrid Recirculating Control Motor (with arms)
    P/N (motor only): 79350-SNE-A41

• 2010 Civic Hybrid Sunbeam Sensor P/N: 80510-SDA-A41

• 2010 Civic Hybrid Aspirator and Hoses
    P/N (aspirator): 80534-S84-A41
    P/N (hose A): 80541-SNA-A40
    P/N (hose B): 80542-SNA-A40

• Outside Temperature Sensor (not needed on equipped models) P/N: 80525-S30-941
From what my research shows, any sedan Civic already has the necessary Evaporator Sensor (also called a Thermistor). If you have a coupe, though, you'll need to replace it. P/N: 80560-SNA-A01

If you're using a Hybrid control module you will need a Heater Core Sensor, P/N: 80550-SNC-A41

The arms for for recirculation motor I picked up off of a bad blower motor assembly I bought on eBay. Unfortunately, that's the only way to purchase to arms. I suppose if someone is handy enough, they could make their own. I'll post detailed photos and measurements of them at a later time.

I did some research and here's some compatibility for parts if users want to search for used items. Keep in mind, the parts have to come from a compatible vehicle that was equiped with ACC from the factory.

Some of the sensors were used on other Honda vehicles. If you're buying used parts, you can look for them from these models:
  • Outside Temperature Sensor: 03-12 Accord, 05-07 Accord Hybrid, 06-12 Civic, 03-12 Civic Hybrid, 06-12 Civic NGV, 05-12 CR-V, 11-12 CR-Z, 11-12 Crosstour, 00-12 Insight, 11-12 Odyssey, 06-12 Ridgeline, 06-09 S2000

• Recirculating Motor: 08-11 CR-V

• Aspirator Hose B: 08-11 CR-V

• Sun Beam Sensor: 03-07 Accord, 05-07 Accord Hybrid, 08-11 CR-V

• Aspirator: 98-12 Accord, 05-07 Accord Hybrid, 08-12 CR-V, 00-12 Odyssey, 06-08 Pilot, 06-12 Ridgeline, 10-12 Crosstour
Some models of Civics come with the same Evaporator sensor as the Hybrid (my Si, for example). From what I researched so far, the coupes use a completely different sensor than the sedans. Most sedans seem to use the same sensor as the Hybrid.

So the climate control module. The Hybrid is blue, the base CSX is blue, and the CSX Type S and Civic Type R are red. I suggest purchasing a CSX module that applies to the interior color of your vehicle. The Hybrid module requires extra steps that are avoided with the CSX modules. One important detail: get the wiring pigtails and the connectors. The stock ones will NOT work in the ACC modules.

I attempted to convert the color of my blue Hybrid module to red. In the process, I cracked, shattered, and destroyed the LCD display. To properly tint the LCD, the display needs to be desoldered from the circuit board. It's possible that this can be completed, but I do not know for sure.

Let's start with adding the module in. You'll need to move the wiring pins from the OEM connector to the ACC module connector. I'll make it easy on you all. The first column is from the manual controls, the second column is for the ACC controls. Move the pins from the OEM connector to the new one.

#1 BLK --> #7 BLK
#2 BRN --> #8 BRN
#3 ORN --> #23 ORN
#4 LT GRN --> #22 LT GRN
#5 PUR --> #21 PUR
#6 BLU --> #20 BLU
#7 BLU --> #14 BLU
#8 YEL --> #13 YEL
#9 BLANK
#10 BLANK
#11 BRN --> #6 BRN/BLU
#12 RED --> #17 RED
#13 RED --> #19 RED
#14 WHT --> #10 WHT
#15 GRN --> #12 GRN
#16 ORN --> #15 ORN
#17 PUR --> #16 PUR
#18 GRY --> #27 GRY
#19 LT BLU --> #9 LT BLU
#20 BLANK
#21 BLK --> #5 BLK
#22 BRN --> #2 BRN
#23 LT GRN --> #3 LT GRN
#24 GRY --> #1 GRY

So you've switched those wires over? Good. A major portion is completed.

Now we get into the fun stuff. Since you've already got your dash taken apart, remove the tachometer cluster and set it aside. We need to tap into three wires on the tach connector and run them over to the ACC module, B-CAN and the two wires for the Outside Temperature sensor. The B-CAN is a pink wire at pin number 21. (I'm editing this while at work, so I'll add the details later).

Moving along, the Sunbeam sensor needs to be added. Again, since we've got most of the dash taken apart, remove the portion covering the speedometer cluster. A plug in the dash where the sensor will go needs to be removed, as well as the speedo cluster. Take a long flathead screwdriver, place it in the square hole on the right, behind the speedo cluster, and press up. The plug should pop out (and probably go flying). For the sensor, you'll need a plug with two wires coming off the end of it. Go ahead and hook the connector up to the sensor, and then feed the wires down the hole that the sensor goes in. Do this first, because it is impossible to hook the connector up afterwards. Run the wires out the square hole and then down to the ACC connector.

That's all for one night. I'll be adding the rest over the weekend and the beginning of next week with photos of everything. The following posts will be reserved for wiring diagrams.

Enjoy!

Good afternoon, I have a Canadian 2010 civic si. After following you pinout instructions there's 1 pink wire remaining, I'm hoping you can tell me which pin on the ACC I can put it.

301 - 310 of 310 Posts