8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

281 - 300 of 310 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,147 Posts
Great information indeed, but there is lots missing. For example, how/where to install the humidifer sensor, how to take the recirculation motor OUT and install new one, etc. OP is long gone, but this is on my "To Do" list. I'm currently working on other mods, this will get done and I hope to "fill in the blanks".

Stay tuned!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello,

I know this thred has been very in-dept with tons of info. I had this all installed except for recirc arms which is very hard to come by luckily I found one from Ebay with the whole blower assy.
I am from the Pihilippines but with all the effort & patience I had this working.
Just one thing that I might have made a mistake with — why is it my ac cold shuts down when I open my headlights, and only the blower works??
I followed both estyle & chetsays instructions and could not figure out which ground wiring might have been wrongly connected...
BTW - I used a CXS Type S module as I have the full interior upgraded to Type R (red & black) including the Tach & Speedo. Also installed the US version navi/radio/cd player. Too bad I could not find a navi cd for my country.
Thanks for this mod and more power!

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Hello,

I know this thred has been very in-dept with tons of info. I had this all installed except for recirc arms which is very hard to come by luckily I found one from Ebay with the whole blower assy.
I am from the Pihilippines but with all the effort & patience I had this working.
Just one thing that I might have made a mistake with ? why is it my ac cold shuts down when I open my headlights, and only the blower works??
I followed both estyle & chetsays instructions and could not figure out which ground wiring might have been wrongly connected...
BTW - I used a CXS Type S module as I have the full interior upgraded to Type R (red & black) including the Tach & Speedo. Also installed the US version navi/radio/cd player. Too bad I could not find a navi cd for my country.
Thanks for this mod and more power!
Any chance you put pin 17 in 18?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi BlurpleFG1,
I don’t think so, but following estyle’s wiring he mentioned that pin#21 is red but is lightblue used for mode of the motor, where in fact it’s pin#19 (red) which is a common ground for the inside/outside humidity sensor & sunbeam & motor ground. What do you think? TIA I got confused here...

·
Registered
11 Posts
BTW, I used soldering (easier than removing pins) to get less confused. 17 & 19 are both res and 18 is empty if I’m correct. Also, you think I might have switched the 2 main brown wires in pin’s 6 & 8??

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
BTW, I used soldering (easier than removing pins) to get less confused. 17 & 19 are both res and 18 is empty if I?m correct. Also, you think I might have switched the 2 main brown wires in pin?s 6 & 8??
Hi BlurpleFG1,
I don?t think so, but following estyle?s wiring he mentioned that pin#21 is red but is lightblue used for mode of the motor, where in fact it?s pin#19 (red) which is a common ground for the inside/outside humidity sensor & sunbeam & motor ground. What do you think? TIA I got confused here...
It's been a long time since I installed mine. I can remember what pin goes from where to where and what function they serve but the colors of the wires I never paid attention to. I'll take a look at the schematics tonight and reply back if I can figure your issue out.

What does the ACC self diagnostic say? Are there codes showing?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks BlurpleFG1, much apprexiated! That’s the thing there are no codes showing for diagnostics... I just needed an expert advise so I can use my ac in the night. I just thougt that it would be a missed-wiring of ac signal or ground as the acc & evap are working fine without showing any codes even if I don’t have the recirc motor arms yet...

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Thanks BlurpleFG1, much apprexiated! That?s the thing there are no codes showing for diagnostics... I just needed an expert advise so I can use my ac in the night. I just thougt that it would be a missed-wiring of ac signal or ground as the acc & evap are working fine without showing any codes even if I don?t have the recirc motor arms yet...
If there are no codes showing then you've wired everything correctly.

While I've never seen an ACC module send/cancel the ac signal when the lights are turned on, I won't rule it out as not being possible.

Disconnect pin 17 from the 32 pin connector and see what happens. Doing this will trigger the D and Auto code so the display won't be able to be dimmed (it'll be full bright) and the button/dial symbols won't light up. If the ac stays on when you turn on your lights, then I'd look closely at the circuit you tied into for pin 17.

What year CSX did the ACC module come from? The 06 thru early 09 modules have been know to fail without displaying a code. The usual symptoms of this are the ac just won't turn on OR the ac won't shut off without pulling the ac clutch relay.

What's the state of your battery and cables? 8th gens are picky about this.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks BlirpleFG1.
I will try your advise with the pin #17.
Not sure which CSX Type S year model it came from but I got it from LKQ.
My Battery Terminals are after market clams (stainless steel) using the highest brand of motolite > excel from the Philippines.
I will keep you posted, thanks again...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Blurplefg1,
I noticed that when I open the Headlight I also don’t see any illumination on the buttons of the module. This might be connected to the recent issue...
Any thoughts...???

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Hi Blurplefg1,
I noticed that when I open the Headlight I also don?t see any illumination on the buttons of the module. This might be connected to the recent issue...
Any thoughts...???
Pin 1 and pin 17 are for the button lights and LCD dimming.

Check fuse 14.

Do the radios button lights come on when you turn on the parking/headlamps?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Problem solved and fixed.
The #17pin & #19pin got swapped.
Just a couple of buttons with no led illumination but everything is perfect.
The AC & Mode both have no led’s after HL has been switched on...

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Problem solved and fixed.
The #17pin & #19pin got swapped.
Just a couple of buttons with no led illumination but everything is perfect.
The AC & Mode both have no led?s after HL has been switched on...
Good, glad you were able to fix it.

...I'm surprised there weren't any DTC showing. Pin 19 should have triggered a bad ground for all sensors when you switched on the lights.

The AC and Mode lights are neo wedge bulbs. When 1 goes out, the others will follow, replace them all at once.

2ea 79609-S5A-003
4ea 79613-SNB-941

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks BlupleFG1!
The screen illumi lights are fine and dims as I turn on the HL’s.
However, 2 buttons on the left side mode & ac are both busted.
The rest are fine and lights perfectly.
But if you say I should replace all of them at once then I shall...

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Thanks BlupleFG1!
The screen illumi lights are fine and dims as I turn on the HL?s.
However, 2 buttons on the left side mode & ac are both busted.
The rest are fine and lights perfectly.
But if you say I should replace all of them at once then I shall...
Replacing them all at once saves pulling the control panel down the road. The new bulbs will also be a touch brighter than the old ones.

Have you sourced the recirc arm yet?

·
Registered
420 Posts
From my experience with '03-'07 Accords, I've seen that they have the climate control panel integrated into the radio, and the same board is shared across different applications. There's a bank of jumpers which determine things like whether the temperature is indicated in C or F, whether the unit is used with a regular radio or the Navi unit, whether it's for a Coupe or Sedan, etc. There's a very convenient silkscreen label right beside the bank so it's clear which jumper is for what.

I'm wondering if anybody has taken apart the Hybrid and/or CSX modules and had a close look at the circuit board (looking at Blurple). It'd be nice if there were similar jumpers: maybe there's one controlling the difference between the Hybrid and CSX? Or, if there's one for selecting between C and F, I might just pull apart my dash just for the sake of that.
Finally had a chance to tear down an ACC to have a look for myself. I found a bank of jumpers, but sadly the functions aren't clearly labelled as they were for the '03-'07 Accord Climate control panels. Regardless, if there's any possibility of changing between C and F, I'm sure this is it.

The spots labelled JP with the 0 ohm resistors are jumpers. The pads for these jumpers go in pairs - JP3/JP16, JP4/JP17, etc. A jumper in the lower position is a 1, while one in the upper position would be a 0, and no jumper is open (call it Z).

For this control, reading the jumpers starting from JP3/JP16 through to JP9/JP22, the setting would be

001Z1011

I'm interested in seeing whether a CSX panel has the same jumper pads, and if so, what setting they're populated with. I'd also be interested in what a Canadian Civic Hybrid has for its settings.

I suspect that some of the other differences between CSX and Hybrid panels and their suitability for use in conversions, may relate to these jumpers too.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Finally had a chance to tear down an ACC to have a look for myself. I found a bank of jumpers, but sadly the functions aren't clearly labelled as they were for the '03-'07 Accord Climate control panels. Regardless, if there's any possibility of changing between C and F, I'm sure this is it.
Just digging around now, I found that pyleadam2010 had already beaten me to looking at this. I don't know if I was just checked out of this thread at the time, or just completely forgot about since then, but either way, his pics are gold!

The difference between the Honda Hybrid and Acura CSX(Canada) are the circuit board jumpers, inside the climate control unit

So thus far, we have:
US Hybrid: 001Z1011
CSX: 00101100

These differ in the fourth and final three positions. This is a small enough set I might just try changing some of them to see what else we can learn.

281 - 300 of 310 Posts