8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

261 - 280 of 310 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
The difference between the Honda Hybrid and Acura CSX(Canada) are the circuit board jumpers, inside the climate control unit
See attachments.
I have done this and it does work on the hybrid unit just have to have good soldering skills. The jumpers tell the CPU what options are available.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey All, Im still fairly new to this site but I have been on this thread for about a year. Like most, I want/ed to take on this DIY, well this past Saturday my luck kicked in as I found 3 Hybrids at the junkyard ( 2 of which were mostly complete) I was able to grab the ACC unit with plugs, Aspirator sensor with plugs and hoses, sun beam sensor with plugs, Recirculating motor with plug and arms. No luck on the outside sensor or the heater core sensor ( this one was probably there but I just didn't know where it was or what it looked like, probably still there lol)

Unlike most, I have a sedan LX-S, so the Blue Display on the Hybrid Unit would match. I didn't read every line in these threads but from what I gather the attempts at this DIY seem to be with CSX Units because it has 1 less plug. I wouldn't mind taking this route (as I believe the base CSX has a blue LCD display) but I don't have a contact in Canada and haven't seen any base CSX units, much less with plugs, online. /the question I have, if there is anyone still out there tackling this, is has anyone successfully done this with the hybrid ACC unit? Your help is greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
2,147 Posts
JC: The hybrid ACC doesn't work properly due to some resistor difference with the blower motor. It MUST be with the CSX ACC module. Nobody has gotten the hybrid's module to work and we may never find out as our cars age, less interest there will be. Anyway, The aspirator hoses and whatnot you have WILL help with the install, but if you really want this to work properly, you need the Canadian part. Search fleabay as they occasionally pop up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
JC: The hybrid ACC doesn't work properly due to some resistor difference with the blower motor. It MUST be with the CSX ACC module. Nobody has gotten the hybrid's module to work and we may never find out as our cars age, less interest there will be. Anyway, The aspirator hoses and whatnot you have WILL help with the install, but if you really want this to work properly, you need the Canadian part. Search fleabay as they occasionally pop up.
Ed: Thank you for the prompt response and for your input. I had been kind of iffy on this before when I couldn't find a clear answer but when I saw the Hybrids and parts I needed I had an impulse like a kid at a toy store lol but even after I was kind of questioning why I got the parts. I'm not in too much of a rush on this and idk if I want to take it on so I might end up selling the parts or something. But again I appreciate your response!

·
Super Moderator
2,147 Posts
Ed: Thank you for the prompt response and for your input. I had been kind of iffy on this before when I couldn't find a clear answer but when I saw the Hybrids and parts I needed I had an impulse like a kid at a toy store lol but even after I was kind of questioning why I got the parts. I'm not in too much of a rush on this and idk if I want to take it on so I might end up selling the parts or something. But again I appreciate your response!
No worries, happy to help. As far as "taking your time", I've had the parts for a few years now. I just haven't have the time to get it done. I'm very frustrated with myself so I'll start pretty soon. (i keep saying that....................

·
Registered
7 Posts
No worries, happy to help. As far as "taking your time", I've had the parts for a few years now. I just haven't have the time to get it done. I'm very frustrated with myself so I'll start pretty soon. (i keep saying that....................
Lol Well I'm sure once you get to it it should be super Legit. My friend had his CRX in his garage for about 3 years, while he was trying to install the RSX type S engine, to make sure it came out just right. Seemed like an eternity but car came out great and got it on Honda Tuning.
Well when I said not in a rush I was actually leaning more towards I'm not too enthusiastic about doing this as I was before but again when I saw the parts I grabbed them out of impulse. But If I can sell the parts or If i can come across the CSX unit , I'll do whichever comes first.

BTW was I rite about the CSX base unit having a blue LCD?

·
Super Moderator
2,147 Posts
I believe the base CSX has a blue display, but the TypeR (or something like that) has a red display. Very rare to find.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Long time reader, first time poster (made an account just for this thread). First, this made for a great read. I was somewhat disappointed the OP wasn't able to complete the DIY, the first part was really informative.

Second, I appreciate y'all carrying on the torch and helping everyone on the thread!

Third, and lastly, I recently scored the parts to install this on my 08 Si. I won an auction on eBay for the CSX type S ACC. The auction included the ACC unit, the plug and the first few inches of the harness, and the arms. I appreciate the shopping list y'all compiled of what other parts I will need. I was hoping Ed and I could get together and do back to back installs, as it looks like he's near Philly. We could take pics for his write-up as well. Also, if anyone still needs a photo copy/scan of the arms, I can do that when they arrive.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Sub'd. This is very tempting if I want to try something more complex. I'm comfortable with soldering and slowly getting more experience with wiring the more things I do with the car. Any reason it shouldn't work on a dx-g coupe?

·
Super Moderator
2,147 Posts
Bought a unit but looks like it will be too hard to install... mines from the hybrid so even harder.
Your ACC is from a Hybrid? Dump it, it won't work. The resistance on some of the functions is different from the CSX unit (resistance is the same on US spec cars AND the CSX)

Long time reader, first time poster (made an account just for this thread). First, this made for a great read. I was somewhat disappointed the OP wasn't able to complete the DIY, the first part was really informative.

Second, I appreciate y'all carrying on the torch and helping everyone on the thread!

Third, and lastly, I recently scored the parts to install this on my 08 Si. I won an auction on eBay for the CSX type S ACC. The auction included the ACC unit, the plug and the first few inches of the harness, and the arms. I appreciate the shopping list y'all compiled of what other parts I will need. I was hoping Ed and I could get together and do back to back installs, as it looks like he's near Philly. We could take pics for his write-up as well. Also, if anyone still needs a photo copy/scan of the arms, I can do that when they arrive.
Wow, crazy sorry for not following up on this. I keep saying I'm going to complete this mod, however having 2 small kids, being an office manager AND having a company on the side eats ALL OF MY TIME.

The OP did (as well as another member, DeltatechX) lay out a TON of the footwork, but there are GAPING holes in the DIY such as 1) how to get the blower motor assembly out and 2) where/how to install breather tubes and whatnot. 3) How to install the recirc. motor and plastic arm. BUT, You CAN do without installing them, however the ACC will apparently not work properly and throw codes, but it will work. I like to install mods and such ONLY when they will work reliably and as if they can from the factory.

PS. I'll supply the beers!
Awesome!!!!

Sub'd. This is very tempting if I want to try something more complex. I'm comfortable with soldering and slowly getting more experience with wiring the more things I do with the car. Any reason it shouldn't work on a dx-g coupe?
Nope. If you get all the necessary hardware, there is no reason it won't work. I think the blower motor and recir assembly are slightly differently on the coupe vs the sedan, but that doesn't appear to hamper this project.

I will try my hardest to get back to this project ASAP and advance little by little and post pics and instructions here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's no worries at all! I can totally relate; I also have a small kid, and the 2 jobs, the reserves, and school. This weekend is the first weekend I can actually replace the suspension on the FA5 (it has 150k miles on it).

I think I can manage to do the mod. My step-dad is an electrical engineer, so I don't think the soldering and testing connections will be too bad. I think I'll also do the heated mirrors mod and a double-din head unit at the same time. In for a penny, in for a pound. Haha.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I'm in the same boat as a few of you all - I have the csx unit, hoses, sensors....all in a duffel bag I have been keeping in my trunk. I will get to it one day but with getting married this summer and moving to Boston right after that, I haven't had time.

I was hoping that some of the holes in the DIY (as mentioned by EdNaviEx) would have been filled in by now. If anyone is living near Boston who has done this swap, I will definitely be in for documenting this and uploading it for everyone here since I already have the parts.

My tidbit of info: I have a coupe, so I think there is an extra step involving a sensor, but I may not be remembering that right. I'll dig around more for the coupe owners out there.

·
Super Moderator
2,147 Posts
I'm in the same boat as a few of you all - I have the csx unit, hoses, sensors....all in a duffel bag I have been keeping in my trunk. I will get to it one day but with getting married this summer and moving to Boston right after that, I haven't had time.

I was hoping that some of the holes in the DIY (as mentioned by EdNaviEx) would have been filled in by now. If anyone is living near Boston who has done this swap, I will definitely be in for documenting this and uploading it for everyone here since I already have the parts.

My tidbit of info: I have a coupe, so I think there is an extra step involving a sensor, but I may not be remembering that right. I'll dig around more for the coupe owners out there.
I WANT to say that the coupe is the same, only that the heater box is a tad different, but uses the same parts (makes sense?). Anyway, I have everything in a box as well. I'm dying to do this too. I'll try to "map everything out" and start. The only part that I might have trouble with is the recir motor/arm. I even contemplated in foregoing this, but I have the arm (very tough to get, but thanks to another member, I have it) so I want to use it to have a successful install. Urghhhh.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts

I WANT to say that the coupe is the same, only that the heater box is a tad different, but uses the same parts (makes sense?). Anyway, I have everything in a box as well. I'm dying to do this too. I'll try to "map everything out" and start. The only part that I might have trouble with is the recir motor/arm. I even contemplated in foregoing this, but I have the arm (very tough to get, but thanks to another member, I have it) so I want to use it to have a successful install. Urghhhh.

06 coupes have the same evaporator temp sensor as 06-11 sedans.

07-11 coupes must change to the 06-11 sedan evaporator temp sensor or the evaporator will freeze up.

The difference in the heater boxes is that the coupe doesn't have the provision for rear air ducts. The coupe heater box is marked where to cut though so it can be used in a sedan.

261 - 280 of 310 Posts