8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who contributed to this topic, it realy helped me out a lot. I just got done installing the armrest in my 2009 Civic DX VP Sedan. It barely took me an hour and a half, and the hardest part was putting the pin inside the actual armrest. I highly recommend this for anyone with the DX VP because it feels like a brand new car now that I FINALLY have an armrest. Next up is power locks, painted door handles, and some upgrade speakers! Thanks again everyone.
Thanks everyone for all the input. Ordered from Majestic Honda, $80.52 delivered to California. I finished the install on my son's 2011 DX-VP (Automatic Trans) in less than an hour. The pin would not slip through at first, but tried the other side and it fit nicely. The pictures and knowing what tools were needed, made the install a breeze. The internet is amazing when you have a need or want to solve a problem. Thanks again!

83406-SNA-A01 = Pin, Armrest
83403-SNA-A02ZA = Box Upper
83450-SNE-C02ZA = Armrest NH598L (Grey)
what if I just buy the armrest? will it fit snug onto the compartment?

I really don't want to spend $85 and spend 3 hours installing such a silly thing. My old 1999 came with a darn armrest cover!! lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
So, if I'm understanding this correctly you basically have to buy the new box that will allow you to attach the arm-rest, is that correct?

If so, does that mean after removing the old one and installing the new one, you have an extra box?

Is the problem that the current box does not have a way to attach a arm rest as is? My concern is that if I buy the new box won't it be the same piece making adding the armrest impossible?

Looking to DIY for my wife's DX.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you to Chico, Mike and everyone else who chimed in on this thread. I just completed the install using the how-to guide and parts you all listed. Did the complete install in under an hour. Knowing that people had a little bit of trouble with the pin also helped as I paid closer attention to lining up the holes.

The only issue I ran into is the pattern on the arm rest (part # 83450-SNA-A52ZA) is slightly different than the pattern in my 2010 Civic DX. It's gray, but it has a diagonal stripe in it.

I ordered from Majestic in Lincoln, RI as they had competitive prices and are close to Boston. Does anyone have any idea where I went wrong? Should I have ordered the arm rest for the 2009 instead to get the solid gray pattern?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Where are you guys ordering part number 83450-SNE-C02ZA from?.. I've tried college hill, bernardi, majestic and none would would confirm that this part number is available for order. If you put the number down on their system it shows but if you try ordering it or calling them its like they have no idea that part even exist and kept saying they can't order it.. ???

·
Registered
3 Posts
Where are you guys ordering part number 83450-SNE-C02ZA from?.. I've tried college hill, bernardi, majestic and none would would confirm that this part number is available for order. If you put the number down on their system it shows but if you try ordering it or calling them its like they have no idea that part even exist and kept saying they can't order it.. ???
I have the same problem. The Honda parts system says the armrest is no longer available. I finally found another part number but it was $250 instead of only $60.

Anyone have any tips or tricks on getting a grey armrest? I have all the other parts I need. I also tried junk yards and no luck so far.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I too am unable to source the $60 dollar armrest the one I can find is $250.

I have the box and the hinge pin ready to go... come on Honda!

·
Registered
3 Posts
(Yes, I'm aware the last post here was 2013, and the post I'm quoting was even earlier than that. It's just that this thread seems to be the only one covering that issue... and for some reason I couldn't edit the above post. Restrictions on new accounts?)

·
Super Moderator
2,147 Posts
(Yes, I'm aware the last post here was 2013, and the post I'm quoting was even earlier than that. It's just that this thread seems to be the only one covering that issue... and for some reason I couldn't edit the above post. Restrictions on new accounts?)
Because this is a DIY thread, no edits are allowed.

I want to take my center arm rest out to install a leather cover on it (as well as add OEM heated seat buttons). I'm afraid I have to take the entire console out JUST to get to the CC. Yes, it's an obnoxious task. It shouldn't be this much a pain to do. I guess it is what it is.

·
Registered
31 Posts
For all of you attempting to do this after the image links are broken -

Just like the picture says. Pull down the shift boot at the plastic ring. Be careful and gentle. You'll feel it unsnap and you can pull the plastic collar down. Twist the shift knob counterclockwise.

Next you'll start unsnapping plastic trim. Be careful - this stuff is fragile. One of my metal clips fell down. I used a telescoping magnet pick-up tool to get it. If you don't own one, just go buy one. They can be had for $5 and are worth every penny. Make sure your parking break is up and pull out the piece.

Here is an image for an automatic trans. I don't have one of those and can't speak about it.

This pic is mostly accurate - except for one part. See the part in the diagram for "clips?" Those are plastic fasteners. I own a Lisle 35260 Plastic Fastener Remover. Its $8 and worth every penny. If you don't to buy that, try your luck with something else.

Ok, see the right hand clip? Oh, you can't find it in your car? Yeah, the diagram is missing an important step. You'll need to remove the black plastic part that is under the glove compartment. Look at your glove compartment and start going down until you are up into the footwell. See that black plastic piece? You'll have to remove it. it is held in by 4 clips. Just gently pull the plastic piece towards the seat and the clips will release. Be gentile!

After you remove that part, you can see the other plastic fastener. Remove that and then pull the whole center console back towards the back seat. Work it out of there and you've got it removed.

Now, take the center console inside and flip it over. See all those star screws? Those are torx. Use the appropriate torx bit to get those out. There are two more smaller torx fasteners on the other side near where the shifter was located. Start gently separating the sides from the center console assembly. Just loosen them a little. You need to get to the back piece.

With the back piece (the part facing what would be the back seat) is hiding two more fasteners. Gently separate this part from the assembly to access those screws. After this is remove the big lidless DX box and put in your new box. Reverse the steps and enjoy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thank you for posting this. Photobucket has ruined a lot of the DIY section :( I appreciate when someone posts new images back to help!

61 - 80 of 81 Posts