8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
2011 civic vp?

Does anyone if this procedure works for the 2011 Civic VP? I know its the same generation but was wondering if there were any different steps or parts I should be aware of. Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Works for 2011 Civic

I ordered the parts by searching for the 2011 Civic LX. The whole install took about 90 minutes. It would have been faster if it wasn't for the frustrating pin!!! It was well worth it though. Thanks to the OP for the helpful DIY!!!

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Im astonished that Honda would do this type of thing...I thought all civics had at least an arm rest....to not have one and leave it open like that is just cheap as hell....not cool

·
Registered
51 Posts
Im astonished that Honda would do this type of thing...I thought all civics had at least an arm rest....to not have one and leave it open like that is just cheap as hell....not cool
They also leave out cruise control which is pretty much standard across all modern car.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I finally did it. Took me 4 hours to install it because of the stupid pin at the last step.

Here is some tips when installing it,

* For those with automatic, put your gear into Neutral so the stick is not in the way.

* Use ratchet with 5/16 hex-socket to remove screws. These screws are very tight and I don't recommend using power tool on them (since it can damage the screw head).

* You do not need to unscrew the cup holder. You can just leave the cup holder and remove the center box.

* Make sure the spring is inside, not outside.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I remember how much of a pain it was not havin an armrest after havin one in the previous..go to leave on it..fall over. Armrests are so nice to have haha

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi guys, i have a doubt. actually its a problem. My civic EX's armrest clip is not functioning as it should. the spring action for locking and opening the armrest console doesnt work. as a result my armrest keeps poppin upwards. due to the heat a piece where the spring clip was kept broke off, i had opened the whole armrest and stuck the piece back in. could someone guide me how to fix the spring (position it) so that i can lock the armrest?

·
Registered
6 Posts
dealer installation

Hi, I bought the three parts of armrest for my 2010 Civic DX-VP from Majestic Honda (~$80) online. I went to Honda dealers for installation. However, I was told the parts were not enough and also asked me for at least two-hour labor ...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks everyone for all the input. Ordered from Majestic Honda, $80.52 delivered to California. I finished the install on my son's 2011 DX-VP (Automatic Trans) in less than an hour. The pin would not slip through at first, but tried the other side and it fit nicely. The pictures and knowing what tools were needed, made the install a breeze. The internet is amazing when you have a need or want to solve a problem. Thanks again!

83406-SNA-A01 = Pin, Armrest
83403-SNA-A02ZA = Box Upper
83450-SNE-C02ZA = Armrest NH598L (Grey)

41 - 60 of 81 Posts