8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I got tired of seeing a big hole in the middle of my car, so i decided to install a OEM armrest in my civic coupe dx '06.

I used many DIY here so i tought it would be fair to share my experience.

Many person told me that it was the same parts and way for all the years of the 8th gen. Its also the same for sedan/coupe.

To start with, you need 3 parts from Honda.
-the plastic box upper part, 83403-SNA-A02ZA
-the armrest 83450-SVA-A02ZB (this is the Atlas grey one)
or 83450-SNA-A02ZA
-the armrest pin, 83406-SNA-A01
Thx to DigitalMike for pointing me out the missing number)

The tools you are gonna need:
- T10 Torx Screwdriver
- T20 Torx Screwdriver
- Phillips Screwdriver
- Small Flat screwdriver
- Some small plier
- Your hands :)

Here is a photo of the factory DX (DX-VP??) center console without the armrest ( thanks to Drkstripe for the photo)

To begin with, you need to remove the center console.

-Unscrew the shifter from his shaft.

-Remove center console cover by raising the parking brake lever and unclipping those 5 clips

-Remove those 2 screws

-Remove this ruber liner

-Remove those 2 screws

-Remove the plastic guard under the glove box. There is 4 clips.

-Remove those 2 clip with the small flat screwdriver (one on each side of the center console, just under the dash)

You can remove the center console now and work freely outside the car.

To remove the old box upper part you might not have to uninstall all of the console components but it will just be easier.

-So, remove the back panel, there is 5 clip, i removed the 2 bottom ones with some small plier just to be sure i was not breaking anything.

-Remove those 2 screws

-Remove those 10 screws

-You should be able to remove easily the side panels now.
-Unclip the box upper part

-Move your new upper part on it now :) but be careful to align these little pins so you dont push hard on the parts for nothing. After, just clip it into place.

-Put Your Armrest onto the new upper part, and put the pin into the hole to get everything fixed into place. (Make sure you put the spring in the good way. It have to be in place so it want to "open" the box.)

Now, all you have to do is to follow the DIY backward to get everything fixed, and...

Enjoy your new armrest :D

·
Premium Member
13,469 Posts
is it later today yet?

·
Registered
760 Posts
Lol, i cant believe they would even have a DX without an armrest, typical of Honda. Kudos for you though, good job!

·
Registered
7 Posts
First off, thank you Chico for a great DIY for the installation of a Center Armrest!

I can confirm that this DIY works on a 2010 Honda Civic DX-VP Sedan with Automatic Transmission; the only exceptions are that you do not have to unscrew the Shifter Knob and you need the following parts:

• 83406-SNA-A01 = Pin, Armrest
  • 83403-SNA-A02ZA = Box Upper
  • 83450-SNE-C02ZA = Armrest NH598L (Grey)
I ordered these parts from Majestic Honda for $80.61 delivered.

I purchased the DX over the other trims because an unstable economy calls for conservative spending. This is my first Honda car (I have had many Honda Motorcycles over the years) and I am disappointed in Honda for being so cheap by not including this Center Armrest in all of the Civic trims. However, thanks to forums like this and guys like Chico I saved a thousand dollars and still got my Center Armrest.

Thanks again! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Mike,

I just bought the 2010 civic dx-vp and didn't realize I don't have the armrest until I came to pick up the car and it was too late to change my mind. I was searching around on internet to get info as to how to install the armrest and really lucky to find this page. As you know the 2010 dx-vp has only the console (the hole) without the lid. So I only need the 3 parts listed in your post and I should be all set to install the armrest, right?

Thanks a lot.
Rick.

·
Registered
7 Posts
FijiBlueFG2HT, my DX-VP didn't come with a center armrest and neither did Rick's; the way I understand it is the LX and up have them but not the DX or DX-VP.

Rick, to answer your question, yes, you only need the 3 parts listed in my post and you are good to go since the 2010 DX's are only available with grey interior. It took me about 20 minutes to do the installation; have fun!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I looked on the intranetz, couldn't find anything. All the pics labelled "DX" had center consoles.
If the pics you are referring to are Honda's promotional photos, then Honda or any other car manufacturer isn't going to show potential customers that they "cut corners" and so the promotional photos are usually of the top trim level with an occasional fine-print disclaimer of what's not included. However, obviously not the case with this missing center armrest debacle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, mine looks exactly that.

Mike, I've ordered the 3 parts posted by you, I should be receiving them soon. I've tried to take out the 2 screws on the bottom of the console and the whole thing seems to become loose. Did you just take out the console or the whole thing (including the 2 side panels). It just took you 20mins, huh, hopefully I could do it ...

Thanks,
Rick.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts