8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

161 - 179 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I loved your work "PokeyD16Z"

I have another idea but i need to connect the lights so when the door open the light will go on and when its closed the lights would go off...

If it worked out i would install my lights and post pix of it...

desperatly looking for help...
hi
does anyone manage to do this?

·
Registered
24 Posts
hi
does anyone manage to do this?
I did. You can run your power from the back of the fuse box where the dome light is powered and connect it to its ground as well. I tapped the lights I have in my door seals into my existing courtesy lights which are tapped into that fuse box. When I open the door the door seals, the door handle opening, and the floors in my car glow and they all fade out with my dome light.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I did. You can run your power from the back of the fuse box where the dome light is powered and connect it to its ground as well. I tapped the lights I have in my door seals into my existing courtesy lights which are tapped into that fuse box. When I open the door the door seals, the door handle opening, and the floors in my car glow and they all fade out with my dome light.
how did you run the wires from back doors and the front passenger door?
where in the fuse box did you connect the wires?

·
Registered
24 Posts
how did you run the wires from back doors and the front passenger door?
where in the fuse box did you connect the wires?
sadly I drive an FG2 and cannot guide you as to how to route the wiring through the rear doors as I have never done it myself. As far as wiring goes I simply traced the existing wiring in the door through to the fuse box. In the SI I believe it is the blue and pink wires closest to your feet. It is of course difficult to explain via text. Please reference the DIYs pictures as I did. Sorry I can't be of more help. There was at one point an extremely useful DIY for the courtesy light install heavy on pictures but it appears to be removed =/

This is the only thing I could find. It will get the job done.

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/diy-honda-civic-lighting/18478-diy-auto-off-interior-lighting.html

·
Registered
36 Posts
This is sick! It gets really annoying when people ride in my car at night and feel up my door to find the damn handle! Problem solved :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
I personally prefer LED strips above bulbs with exposed resistors. More flexibility, durability, and just better to me. I must admit the idea was amazing I just felt the need to put a short strip in there for more light output. Still the same tap points just more light.
Hi Prego,

Any idea how to remove that red hotizontal strip running on the door? I am thinking to plastidip it.

I tried pulling it off with a screw driver but it was too hard and i left it thinking it might break.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
372 Posts
This is cool! I may do this when I'm taking my door apart to add red leds in my door buttons. I wanted some courtesy lights in the doors for a while.

161 - 179 of 179 Posts