8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

121 - 140 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I like the ambient door lights but....

in my opinion it doesnt look very OEM because of the slits where you can see the light come out of the handle... Don't get me wrong though, I love the idea of them because they make finding the door handle very convenient . New passengers always seem to struggle to find the door handle at night and this helps a lot and looks nice, minus the slits. Anyone have any idea for fixes for this?

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Those pics were right after my install. I had the same thoughts as you, so I used a tip I think I read earlier in this thread and used some strategic black tape placement to alter it to my taste. Right now I've got them covered completely.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Id like to see more of the cup holder lights. those look sick!
http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac210/joshandnichole2010/center console install/IMG_1193.jpg

led directly under the middle of where the bottle sits ....

a warning to those who do the door handle mod ... dont use the prewired leds from autozone or pep boys they dont use a very good resistor when i replaced my alternator and battery i had a voltage spike and every last one of them fried so i had to rewire all my own use a 560 ohm resistor and youll be set ... (pilot leds the ones from auto zone or pep boys ) can only handle 12.8 with there resistors and our cars spike 13.5 or something like that on occasion i believe

121 - 140 of 179 Posts