8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fix it right !!

just wanted to let everyone know that the 2004 and up Acura TL Sun Visor will fix both side on the Civic LX, EX, SI 2dr or 4dr. This is a direct bolt one part. No fancy drilling or trying to get this to fit. All the holes line up and bracket. I pick some up from the junk yard for 30 bucks.. just make sure you get screw cover. The Civic screw cover does not fit the TL screw cover. Pm me or post questions. I will post pictures later

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is cool man, mine sun visor was falling apart too, darn things are so cheap... i know the TL fit here are the pictures.. let me know if you guys have any questions..

·
Super Moderator
11,559 Posts
yes! this is great! i can finally use my sunvisors without them breaking

·
Super Moderator
2,021 Posts
Awesome! Well, not a 100% perfect fit (when closed, visor isn't fully in the "locked" position, LOL. Still, looks great! I see you used a visor without the built in light, any idea on how to wire them? thanks in advance!

Ed

EDIT: Nevermind on the electrical connection, I thought the light was built into the visor, it is not (its on the roof). I'll just tear the wires out.

·
Super Moderator
2,021 Posts
Why bother replacing with OEM, get Acura TLs!!!

Found this thread a little while ago. Frustrated with changing the visors out (3x for me, Honda extended the warranty until 100K, my Civic is well over 100K miles), I dreaded going to the dealer to actually buy them knowing I'd be back in a years time for these stupidly designed visors. Found a pair of tan sun-visors off an Acura TL (2004-2006) on fleabay for $50. Here are some more pics.

Mine came with a wire harness (TLs apparently have a switch in the visor that illuminate a light that is attached to the ceiling, I cut the harness out and cut some of the thin metal that was attached to the visor mount (when you get one, you will see it and notice you will have to trim it so it fits flush into the Civic's headliner).

PLUS:
1) When you have the visor folded toward the side, you can pull the visor outward to have more coverage so you dont get blinded by the sun on our side. (see pic1 vs pic2)
2) The visor itself is heavier and has a more fluid movement to it. The stock visor is plastic and when pushed outward toward the windshield, it would drop back down and never stay in position. The TLs you don't have that problem.
3) The visor is a tad bigger, but still fits in the roof "rest" grooves.
4) Took me about 15 min to install (includes the time to cut harness out and trim metal mounting plate with tin snip tool)
5) NO MORE splitting visors............ EVER.

CONS:
1) Color doesn't match 100% (see pic)

Pictures:

In: (see visor pin). Also, notice the gray harness connector. This will need to be cut out.

Out:

TL vs. Civic Visors:

Doesn't look bad I think:

Thanks to Got2lovme9 for this!:dancingcoolsmiley::dancingcoolsmiley:

·
Super Moderator
2,021 Posts
good info...now i can search flea bay for some TL visors to replace my drilled up with screws to hold up the old ones lol
HA HAHA, I knew a while back there's a way (bolting them shut) to prevent the old ones from deforming, but I thought that looked like a$$. Anyway, my old ones were still in good shape so I threw them on fleaby to try to recoup a little money. EVERY civic owner is going to have to get "new ones" eventually. You WON'T regret doing this install, totally worth it!

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Found this thread a little while ago. Frustrated with changing the visors out (3x for me, Honda extended the warranty until 100K, my Civic is well over 100K miles), I dreaded going to the dealer to actually buy them knowing I'd be back in a years time for these stupidly designed visors. Found a pair of tan sun-visors off an Acura TL (2004-2006) on fleabay for $50. Here are some more pics.

Mine came with a wire harness (TLs apparently have a switch in the visor that illuminate a light that is attached to the ceiling, I cut the harness out and cut some of the thin metal that was attached to the visor mount (when you get one, you will see it and notice you will have to trim it so it fits flush into the Civic's headliner).

PLUS:
1) When you have the visor folded toward the side, you can pull the visor outward to have more coverage so you dont get blinded by the sun on our side. (see pic1 vs pic2)
2) The visor itself is heavier and has a more fluid movement to it. The stock visor is plastic and when pushed outward toward the windshield, it would drop back down and never stay in position. The TLs you don't have that problem.
3) The visor is a tad bigger, but still fits in the roof "rest" grooves.
4) Took me about 15 min to install (includes the time to cut harness out and trim metal mounting plate with tin snip tool)
5) NO MORE splitting visors............ EVER.

CONS:
1) Color doesn't match 100% (see pic)
What exact model year TL sun visors did you purchase?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Late to the party but I'm wondering if anyone has done this Acura TL mod on an 8th gen Si.

I need some help getting the color matched; doesn't need to be absolutely 100% but obviously the tan/beige example in the surviving pictures above won't be satisfactory. I've narrowed it down to what are (I think) the two most likely parts:

2004-06
83230-SEP-A02ZA Sunvisor Assy., R. NH528L (MIRROR) (MOON LAKE GRAY) for Interior Color: A-BLACK,B-GRAY (Also listed for the 07-08 models for Interior Color: A-BLACK)
*Looks a bit too dark to properly match the Si's light grey roof, though I'm not certain; it could be a trick of the photographs.

OR

'07-08 (all base models, but not Type S or Sport...? - a little unsure of that, but doesn't matter to me as long as it fits an '06 Si)
83230-SEP-A02ZE Sun-Visor Assembly, R NH556L (Mirror) (Gray) for
Interior Color: B-TAUPE

It's pretty hard to figure out which one I need because places such as hondapartsnow show only the diagram drawings, and after so many years many forum photos (here and elsewhere) are dead links. Almost all the photos Google turns up typically focus on the seats or dash, leaving the sun visors out of frame.

I found an online ad for a used 2008 Acura TL Sedan Billet Silver Metallic (with Interior Color: "Ebony Leather"). One pic shows visors that look like a reasonable match:

Further confusing things, there is different terminology used in various places. Acura appears to have TWO different grey interiors: one called "camel" and another called "quartz" -- but these aren't the terms used in the part number descriptions on hondapartsnow.

Many of light grey visors are available through wreckers on eBay, but every single one I found (of at least 1/2 dozen) is ruined by several very unsightly grease spots, which don't look as though they could ever be completely removed. For that reason I'd prefer to pay more and buy a new one.

Some newer models of TSX look like they'd be a good color match but I have no idea if the part even fits.

·
Super Moderator
2,021 Posts
I think you are splitting hairs. If you are really worried about the color, have an upholstery shop redo it with the fabric color you want. Mine are a tad darker than the headliner, but I never cared. Headliner is starting to droop which means I'll have to repair that. I was seriously considering getting a suede headliner, but that means I'd have to get my visors redone and sunroof shade as well. Whatever, point is, call around to see how can re-skin it.

·
Registered
308 Posts
👆 I understand your point, and yours look really good in your car. Judging by your pictures, its headliner is only a slightly lighter beige than the Acura visors. They match well enough to fool anyone into thinking the pairing was intentionally designed that way, as an accent. I have a different headliner so the grey-on-grey combo may not match as well; I have no idea.

I'm likely going to buy these new, for the reasons I outlined. If it's a choice between two parts, one of which (A02ZA) may too dark, and the other of which (A02ZE) may not even fit at all, what's the harm in asking if anyone has any experience with them? It's going to cost me over $200 to get them both new, so if I'd prefer if possible to save the hassle and extra expense of having them re-covered.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts