8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did a full restore of my pc which I bought from ABS (X9). I did the install and went to Nvidia's site and downloaded the latest driver:

NVIDIA Driver Downloads
ForceWare Release 162
Version: 162.18 WHQL
Release Date: July 26, 2007
Operating System: Windows XP, Windows XP Media Center Edition
Language: U.S. English
File Size: 46.7 MB

And also the correct driver for my monitor. My native resolution is 1440 x 900. Problem is is for some reason I have to scroll to the right to see everything now. I have tried turning down the resolution, but that makes the pictures warped also. i have also gone to Nvidia's control panel and tried tweaking the flat panel scaling but I am having the same problem. I called ABS and just heard hold music for 30 minutes. I triple checked that I am using the correct resolution, correct drivers, refresh rate as well. what can I do to fix this? I should still be under warranty also.

My video card is a Nvidia Geforce 7950 GX2

·
Registered
205 Posts
Dunno. You have the same card I do, but I had the 162.18 beta but never changed it out for the WHQL version (was working before QuakeCon, and didn't want to screw anything up).

You could revert the driver to previous version by using the system restore feature.

Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore

choose a date prior to the driver install. Maybe the driver didn't install correctly?

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked into that but can not because I did the wipe of the hard drive today with a clean install and there is no old restore point for me to go back to.

·
Registered
819 Posts
You check to make sure your monitor settings are alright (like, shift to the left/right, shift up/down)? Make sure your display settings aren't set for dual monitors.

Probably unlikely that any of these are the problem, but it never helps to check...just in case.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts