8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 40 of 9727 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,134 Posts
Grams 1000cc and DW65c. I'll probably have a diff setup to run full E85 by the time vit comes down to tune everyone whenever that may be.
you can upgrade to the 1300cc or 1400cc for the e85...or you can do the fuel return setup with the 1000cc inpalce of bigger injectors, but that'll be a bit more $$$

·
Premium Member
5,329 Posts
This fuel return setup confuses me...why not just run the 1300's and not have to worry about doing a fuel return setup. :think: anybody got a link to the 1300's

·
Premium Member
29,134 Posts
This fuel return setup confuses me...why not just run the 1300's and not have to worry about doing a fuel return setup. :think: anybody got a link to the 1300's
you want a constant flow of fuel without having the fuel rail to dry up and have pockets of air going through the injectors.

I was talking to Jay (Mucter) and said that any FI civic that's close to the 400hp range and up would benefit a fuel return setup.

Look at Matt (OBX4Life) set up with 1000cc injectors at 52% IDC (from what he tells me) at 12-14psi on a turbo.

·
Dirt Nasty Low
25,038 Posts
you want a constant flow of fuel without having the fuel rail to dry up and have pockets of air going through the injectors.

I was talking to Jay (Mucter) and said that any FI civic that's close to the 400hp range and up would benefit a fuel return setup.

Look at Matt (OBX4Life) set up with 1000cc injectors at 52% IDC (from what he tells me) at 12-14psi on a turbo.
All of what Fidel said. The fuel return compensates for boost and keeps your fuel pressure stable by bleeding off what it needs to.

And yes. I can re-check my logs but IIRC my highest injector duty cycle has been 53% @8k - 12psi

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I'm starting to hear more and more pings coming from my engine bay. Vit being on this trip of his is no bueno for my car. I have to drive to school for the next week too. Granny mode FTL

·
Premium Member
29,134 Posts
All of what Fidel said. The fuel return compensates for boost and keeps your fuel pressure stable by bleeding off what it needs to.

And yes. I can re-check my logs but IIRC my highest injector duty cycle has been 53% @8k - 12psi
:beer: :clapping:

·
Dirt Nasty Low
25,038 Posts
I was actually curious exactly what it was, so took a screenie of my last log.
55% @ 7800

notbadobama.jpg

Matt are you done with tuning the car?
Nah.. still hovering around 12psi. Vit may have upped the boost but I've taken a break from logging to get the car ready for its first show this weekend. It gets sketchy logging in 4th gear so I'm really taking my time with it.

21 - 40 of 9727 Posts