8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sister has a aftermarket radio system in her corolla but... she found out that she can connect her i-pod with an auxillary outlet thats on back of the r-system... I need to remove some cables...not the speakers... to plug an audio calbe to the aux but do i need to disconnect the battery to avoid decrease on the life of the battery???

·
Premium Member
64,413 Posts
Ok are you changing the whole radio or just adding the jack?

You don't need to disconnect the battery for the aux jack.If your replacing the head unit it's not necessary to disconnect the battery either but I probably would just in case...piece of mind really.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NBPRudy said:
Ok are you changing the whole radio or just adding the jack?

You don't need to disconnect the battery for the aux jack.If your replacing the head unit it's not necessary to disconnect the battery either but I probably would just in case...piece of mind really.
just need to add the cable to the jack....but need to remove some cables to remove it from the dash to insert the cable to the outlet....but ........i guess ill remove the battery...

·
Premium Member
64,413 Posts
sounds like a good idea....not sure what cables you are removing.

Just disconnect the negative battery cable and your all set...no need to pull the whole thing.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Disconnecting it is a good idea so you don't short anything out by accident. But with that said I installed my Z2 without disconnecting the battery, just be careful, electronics are delicate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts