8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anybody pulled this off yet? Admittedly I don't know **** about DI or what would be involved in making such a swap work beyond the normal swapping of engine/trans, but I'm assuming at the very least it would also likely require fuel system mods and possibly ecu swap(?)

I just took a job where I'm doing a lot of driving so if I can get my power up to around where these newer K24Ws are rated at while maximizing mpg that would be ideal for me.

Anyone have any input?

EDIT: fwiw this would be going into an already K20 equipped car (CSX)

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Have you tried to do the math of how much the cost would swap and how long it would take for the fuel savings to surpass that? I'm thinking it would be

To me you'd be better off trading/selling off your car and buying a factory equipped K24W than to swap.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you tried to do the math of how much the cost would swap and how long it would take for the fuel savings to surpass that? I'm thinking it would be

To me you'd be better off trading/selling off your car and buying a factory equipped K24W than to swap.

This wouldn't be my first time doing a swap, not by a long shot. So I have a pretty good handle on what all is involved labor and cost-wise, minus the direct injection specific related mods as I mentioned.

Plus being that this would be going into an already K equipped car, the K24W/K24Vs are available surprisingly cheaply, and I would likely be able to sell off the stock K20 for more than the K24 would cost me, I should more or less break even on it.

And trading out a 2011 CSX for a 2013+ Accord would put me much deeper in the hole financially than trading out a K20 for a K24

And imo the vehicles that come with the K24W/K24Vs are not my speed as far as styling goes. If anything I would get an older TSX and swap one into that but then I'm right back to swapping one into something so the original question is still relevant either way.

AND as mentioned in my OP, this is less about mpg savings as it is about adding 30hp/40lb-ft while maintaining or improving mpg at the same time.

So yes I've put a good amount of thought into this

1 - 5 of 5 Posts