8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
PIC's on the bottom

So I recently made a trip to tampa and on the way there and back sounded like my rear tire was unbalanced. I took of my rear and rebalanced thinking I had knocked off a weight. Everything looked good until I ran my hand along the tire. I have dips in the tred. Is this a shock or just a jacked up tire?

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
I had the same issue after putting on the HFP suspension. Honda couldnt figure out the issue. So I went and bought some adjustable rear camber arms. Well I took the original camber arms to a machine shop and asked them to diagnose the bad one (or so I thought) to the good one.

Well it comes out that the rear camber arms on the newer civics are a POS. They are SUPPOSED to be made out of HARDENED steel...well if that's so, when it bends, it breaks.

The machine shop told me that one of the arms was bent...WTF!!!!

So that's why I say this will be the last Honda I buy...

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I took these shots a minute ago. I am also starting to think it might be the camber. The shocks had minimal play everything was tight. These shots are from the inside of the rear passenger side tire. All of the wear is on the inside of the tire. I had something like this when I lowered my last civic but not this bad. I haven't messed with the suspesion in this one.

·
Registered
525 Posts
i had the exact same problem on my Si (same side and everything), though i replaced the tire and traded in the car - one of the maintenance guys said the same thing about the TSB, but then said it wasn't for the Si. i dont think it was the tire as i was not on the stocks and the tires i was on were new.

·
Registered
8,475 Posts
Well guys, I had the problem with my Si even before my HFP suspension. It was the passenger side rear. The way I remedied it at the time was that I kept swappin both rear tires....that way it'd keep them even and I wouldnt hear the dreaded "hum" sound from inside the car. Get the skunk 2 camber...the techs at the stealership recco'd them.

I haven't had anymore issues with my car since I've got them. I installed them at 30k miles and now I have almost 50k.

I often wonder why Honda didn't stick with the double wishbone...it worked, and had the best traction for autox.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.