8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends,

soon i will get my Civic Si (US Version) from Florida. I am a german man and live in germany!
In europe, also germany is all in KM/H, not in mph. But the speedometer of all civics 06+ is in mph. is there a way to convert it to ***?

is the canadian version in ***?

Hope anyone can help me!

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
you can switch between *** and mph by holding down the button on the dash to the left of the steering wheel

I forget exactly what it says on the button, but it's something like "mph/***"

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol :iorun:

i asked honda germany a few days ago if its possible to convert or switch to km/h.

They answered with no! Its not possible. wtf are talking?

Thank you guys, I am so lucky that its just a button!

:wavey:

·
Registered
897 Posts
Honda Germany doesn't know what they are talking about.

Sometimes I even switch mine to km/h to just to see the difference. Looks cool doing 80 in a 50...well 80km/h in a 50mph....:biggrin:

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Duce2k said:
Three words people, "read the manual."
I think YOU should read. I don't know, but my guess is he doesn't have the car yet.

"Hello friends,

soon i will get my Civic Si (US Version) from Florida. I am a german man and live in germany!
In europe, also germany is all in KM/H, not in mph. But the speedometer of all civics 06+ is in mph. is there a way to convert it to ***?

is the canadian version in ***?

Hope anyone can help me!

Thanks!"

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
xtant21 said:
Honda Germany doesn't know what they are talking about.

Sometimes I even switch mine to km/h to just to see the difference. Looks cool doing 80 in a 50...well 80km/h in a 50mph....:biggrin:
i drive in km/h when i wanna go fast :p

messes up my drving for some reason thou

·
Registered
39 Posts
ok. Ive a similar problem.i imported a 2010 LX 4 door tacho cluster to Pakistan for the FD1A. DIYed the cruise control. The swap instantly converted my speedo to MPH whereas here KM/H is used. Doing the tacho diagnostics on the orig tach displayed only km/h whereas the diagnostic on LX tacho shows both MPH. Now the Pak civic does not have the KM/h or MPH button. What can be done? Any cheat code like the tacho n radio diagnostics etc that may convert it. Can Honda do it with connecting up in the OBD port n change it from their computer?

·
Registered
64 Posts
ok. Ive a similar problem.i imported a 2010 LX 4 door tacho cluster to Pakistan for the FD1A. DIYed the cruise control. The swap instantly converted my speedo to MPH whereas here KM/H is used. Doing the tacho diagnostics on the orig tach displayed only km/h whereas the diagnostic on LX tacho shows both MPH. Now the Pak civic does not have the KM/h or MPH button. What can be done? Any cheat code like the tacho n radio diagnostics etc that may convert it. Can Honda do it with connecting up in the OBD port n change it from their computer?
Hopefully you mean speedometer. Cause if my car did 8000 mph in 1st, id be pretty scared.... Not to mention a 750mph idle.

On a serious note, yes, you should be able to reprogram your analog speedometer with Honda, and you'll have to buy new facias once reprogrammed.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hopefully you mean speedometer. Cause if my car did 8000 mph in 1st, id be pretty scared.... Not to mention a 750mph idle.

On a serious note, yes, you should be able to reprogram your analog speedometer with Honda, and you'll have to buy new facias once reprogrammed.
yeah soz mate i meant the speedo! Upon doing tacho diagnostic u can seee both mph & kmph whereas the orig tacho showed km/h . The Lx has the option to convert between mph n kmph as it has the button for the conversion. This means that the convertor is present in the tacho which passes sig to the upper speedo. Now what can be done that if i get a clue on the origin of the wires of the convertor switch n where they connect 1 can simulate the same n DIY a button for the siad purpose? What do the experts have to say on this?? :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,
i have honda civic 4dr 1.8 ES 2008 petrol LHD and i intend to register it in UK. Right now i am desperate because i do not have switch to chage km to mph. My speedometer is in km and i need it to have it in mph in order to be able to registerit in uk. Till now nobody give me a solution - not eaven Honda UK.

·
Registered
1 Posts
km/h to mph (no button)

Hi

I know it is very old post, but for a few weeks I am looking for answer and still cannot find any information how to change speedometer and odometer from kilometres to miles. I got a Left Hand Drive Civic (year 2010) from Italy without a button to change kilometres to miles and vice-versa, but must register my car in the United Kingdom.

Do someone done this already? Is it possible to change this using a computer or a cluster (odometer + speedometer) must be swapped to UK version?

All advices will be much appreciated.

Best Greetings,
Mat

1 - 20 of 23 Posts