8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Banned
3,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im looking at buying a 2006 civic, but I really don't seem to like the interior digital speedometer it seems annoying. I like analog better, cause it seems that the digital speedometer would keep changing while driving and that would get annoying. What are your experiences?

It seems like everything 2 seconds it would be changing from like 60mph to 61mph then to 59mph. (if driving at a stead rate on a highway) isin't this distracting?

·
Registered
4,398 Posts
I love the digital speedo, I wish the tach was digital too like the s2000s.
Its not annoying at all, you will get use to it.

The position of it is perfect, you don't have to glance down far to see your speed. Safety first! :thumb: lol.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
it is nice for daily driving but when i accelerate fast (lol) it doesnt keep up and it sort of does 5mph increments...if anything it is on the slow side and doesnt change change annoyingly...i think there is a way to change the refresh rate but i dont know how or where to get the info

·
Registered
277 Posts
its not bad at all.... Although when we were first looking at hondas it took a bit for it to grow on me, i like it a lot now though.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I love the digital speedo, I wish the tach was digital too like the s2000s.
Its not annoying at all, you will get use to it.

The position of it is perfect, you don't have to glance down far to see your speed. Safety first! :thumb: lol.
Well said. I love it being digital it's pretty sweet. :D

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
I didn't like it at first...But I love it now...I don't like how it goes lke 7 10 12 , 13, 15...I wish it did it acurate

·
idgaf
6,952 Posts
you will get used to it. I like the placement of it too, how you don't really have to look down since its right close to the windshield

One of my favorite features on the 8th gens.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yep, at first I was wondering if this was just some gimmick. It doesn't seem like it would be too accurate, and if it was that it would adjust too much and be too sensitive.

But it grew on me quickly and now I love it. Great placement once you're used to it.

·
Registered
243 Posts
i love it...i too was unsure about when i first drove one but now its the best...even though when i drive a car without one it kinda feels weird now...

1 - 20 of 131 Posts