8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
as many of you know, i flooded my 2008 black fa5 a few weeks ago. well today i picked up the 2009 orange fg2 that i said i was going to get. after a few hours with it, i noticed there are more differences than i thought there would be. for some of them, i can't tell if it's a coupe thing or a 2009 thing, thus the thread title.

- the mesh in the seats is not soft, but scratchy/rough/hard.
- the shifts are shorter.
- the aux/cd/radio buttons are gray, not chrome.
- the speaker grills under the back window are more noticeable.
- the bolsters are better. (i wasn't impressed with the seats in my '08 fa5, but i am with these.)
- you need to hold the vsa button for a full second to turn it off.
- the windshield and rear window appear to be at different angles.
- the trunk is smaller.
- the car feels faster.
- the interior door panels are different.
- cup holders in the back seat on the sides.
- windshield wipers are weird.
- don't remember the bottom of the inside of the arm rest storage being carpeted.
- the roof is too low.

i'll edit if i think of more later. overall though i like the car a lot more than i thought i would, seeing as how it's the same car pretty much. i think it was the change from black to orange that did it, with the change to coupe being a factor too.

·
Registered
412 Posts
the seats are deff an 09 thing i think its to keep dem clean easier. my boy hs a 08 and i do feel dat my 09 shifts deffinetly feel better ummm everything else not really sure of i have an 09 and i love it funny thing is wen my boywit da 08 drove my car he sed it felt faster lol all in all same car

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Yea the coupes are faster, everybody knows this :laughing:

Coupes dont have a fold down center in the back seat. I also think the lighting of the buttons on the stereo, as well as the display is more of a pinkish instead of a red like it was on the 06 to 08s. My dad has an 09 sedan and I noticed the differance in the lights from my 07 FG2. I also dont have to hold VSA for a second, I just click it off. That is an odd one

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea the coupes are faster, everybody knows this :laughing:

Coupes dont have a fold down center in the back seat. I also think the lighting of the buttons on the stereo, as well as the display is more of a pinkish instead of a red like it was on the 06 to 08s. My dad has an 09 sedan and I noticed the differance in the lights from my 07 FG2. I also dont have to hold VSA for a second, I just click it off. That is an odd one
well this car feels faster than my '08, which i ripped the air silencer and half the intake tubing out of, and added throttle body spacer to. then again, there was this day a month ago where my fa5 went way faster than normal. it was like 30 degrees out, but i was going slightly uphill! it just caught me out of nowhere, so maybe the temperature and humidity and all that play a bigger factor than i thought, and that last night just happen to be good for conditions too. well, one thing is for sure, i will get the stopwatch out and check to see if this is in my head or not. if i can get into the low 7's, it's faster.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Have you :vtec: yet? If you have can you feel it, cause I sure cant.
hell ya, i said **** it with the break-in period. it's at least 50% bullshit, if not all. then you have the break-in where you go to redline in 1st, then let it engine break, do the same in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th, then take it easy for 500 miles. i say screw both, who cares, it's fine. i drive 6000 miles a year, so 500 miles is a long ass time.

you hold the vsa for 1 second to turn it off?
yup. new for 2009. odd, because usually when holding is involved, it's for 2+ seconds. the reason this is, is because a handful of people in the entire country probably complained that they accidentally turned their vsa off by accident, and saw it has a huge safety concern. so they said meh, small amount of people, but whatever, 1 second it is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.