8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the difference between the mufflers on the SI vs. the EX? Larger piping for the SI, better flowing? Would it make sense to put a SI muffler on a EX if you could get the SI muffler for dirt cheap if not free?

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Only the axel back is a direct bolton. The Cat to the axel will not fit. It won't make any noticeable performance increase, but it will make the car sound better IMO.

·
Registered
10,943 Posts
Its not a direct bolt on. I have an 06 si, I tried to put it on my girls 07 Ex and its off slightly, but it was modded to fit. It makes the car sound a whole lot better. Deff worth it if you can get the si muffler cheap or free.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Its not a direct bolt on. I have an 06 si, I tried to put it on my girls 07 Ex and its off slightly, but it was modded to fit. It makes the car sound a whole lot better. Deff worth it if you can get the si muffler cheap or free.
You must be talking about the catback. The axel back IS a direct bolt on. I put it on my siters Ex in about 10 minutes. No problems at all.

·
Banned
2,384 Posts
Its CLOSE to direct bolt on. The gasket is ALOT smaller than the Si gasket. It will fit, and sounds much deeper

1 - 12 of 12 Posts