8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is Mu_gen a generic brand of Mugen or what? How do you distingish the two? I know the difference can not just be the underscore.

·
Banned
441 Posts
black07coupe said:
mu_gen is some ebay ****

:yeahthat:

mugen is the name of parts used by m-tec, but sold under mugen by m-tec, who used 2 be mugen, until jdm gov. got hold of their bank statements, so mugen changed it 2 m-tec and bought the rights 2 mugen so customers familiar w/ mugen wouldnt b confused by m-tec's name. :biggrin:

·
Registered
27 Posts
r18power said:

mugen is the name of parts used by m-tec, but sold under mugen by m-tec, who used 2 be mugen, until jdm gov. got hold of their bank statements, so mugen changed it 2 m-tec and bought the rights 2 mugen so customers familiar w/ mugen wouldnt b confused by m-tec's name. :biggrin:
you made that real REAL east to understand! ;)

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
r18power said:

Exactly. The Mugen owner got caught for tax evasion, paid his dues, bought Mugen, and opened M-Tec, who still uses the Mugen name. :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So... there is no mugen front lip for the Sedans, Correct? only Mu_gen?

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
lpv said:
So... there is no mugen front lip for the Sedans, Correct? only Mu_gen?
from now on when you see mu_gen...just replace it with knockoff crap...

ex.
there is no mugen front lip for the sedans, correct? only "knockoff crap"?
^BTW mugen MIGHT have a lip to buy when the mugen si sedan is released.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
NIGHTHAWKSI said:
ex.
there is no mugen front lip for the sedans, correct? only "knockoff crap"?
^BTW mugen MIGHT have a lip to buy when the mugen si sedan is released.
Good one. So... does the "knockoff crap" look exactly the same and if so, should it not do the job as well?

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
not exactly the same..but they design it with similar body lines...
the knockoff stuff seems to look bulker,much lower to the ground, and looks like it was added on. the mugen stuff looks very tasteful almost like it belongs there.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
those mu_gen lips are WAY too low to the ground. i was gonna cop one because they are cheap, till i saw pics of ppl on this forums with them. those shits will be busted and broken in a day driving around here in boston.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
black07coupe said:
those mu_gen lips are WAY too low to the ground. i was gonna cop one because they are cheap, till i saw pics of ppl on this forums with them. those shits will be busted and broken in a day driving around here in boston.
I will do a search for the pics, unless you know there they are.

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
well the JDM mugen front lip looks nice...but since the front bumper is differnt that is what the guys at mugen came up with for the USDM version

1 - 20 of 33 Posts