8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i finally got to drive a friends 07 NHBP si yesterday and i noticed some weird differences. The main thing was his clutch was definitely lighter or easier to press. Maybe because my HRP 06 si has over 30k miles now but my clutch is i should say takes more pressure to press down on it. Is there a different clutch on the 07? or is it just my civic or his being a little different. Also the other differences are just cosmetics like the odometer has a darker red light and the numbers are red also and i didnt really notice the VSA.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Hahaha.
06 doesn't have the ability to 'unlock doors' upon shutoff.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
HRPhtownSI said:
Well i finally got to drive a friends 07 NHBP si yesterday and i noticed some weird differences. The main thing was his clutch was definitely lighter or easier to press. Maybe because my HRP 06 si has over 30k miles now but my clutch is i should say takes more pressure to press down on it. Is there a different clutch on the 07? or is it just my civic or his being a little different. Also the other differences are just cosmetics like the odometer has a darker red light and the numbers are red also and i didnt really notice the VSA.
nope no differences or changes to the clutch they are the same, your 06 clutch will behave in such ways after such amount of miles driven depending on drivng habits. So one would think becuase of your friend's 07 being relatively new it would feel new (lighter). Maybe you should have honda check out your clutch to see if there are any problems: [just a suggestion] The few things u mentioned about cosmetics are right, and if you noticed the floor matt's has si embroided logo's in the 07+ where as the 06 did not. Vsa was added to the 07+ but you won't notice it kicking in unless your driving in snow or taking a hard turn etc. ;a flashing light notifies you that vsa is in effect. There is also a button added to turn it off if one would like. :coffee:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts