8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one know if our vender Turbo maffia was hit by the fires in S Cal? I placed an order that should have gotten to me by now and it's still pending. No response from e-mail requesting an update and there are no phone number contacts. Any one know what there situation? It could be that the mail is just slow due to the fires (I'm in N. Cal.) but the lack of response and pending status has me wondering. Additionally, am I the only one that thinks it's strange not to have a phone contact for a vendor? Any way I'm trying to rag on them, they have a totally valid excuse if the fires have caused the issue. Best wishes if that's the case, hope all is back to normal soon. I know this is a crappy time for many in S. Cal.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I googled them and saw they posted on a forum where they are a sponsor on Ocotber 24th, 2007...so they are still up and going I presume.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Found this on their website:

Attention: We just found out that we are not getting all of your messages at our regular email address ([email protected]). If you have emailed us in the last two weeks and haven't received an answer email from us please forward your email to our new address ([email protected]). We would like to answer any of your questions that you might have about our products. We are sorry for any inconvienacne this might have caused you. Again we thank you for your patronage.

To the OP, if you find out about TM, let us know. I ordered a system on 10/18.

·
Registered
622 Posts
yeah i also ordered mine on oct 8th and the only thing that ive gotten was an email saying my order has been updated to pending or something like that. and that was about 2 weeks ago...im starting to get a little impatient especially because they havent responded on their gb thread in a while...

·
Banned
1,722 Posts
2 things you all might want to take into consideration. 1. these exhaust are built to order. 2. with the price as low as it is and the fact that they also do work on other vehicles aswell. it could take quite awhile to see anything from them. I would recommend calling.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Good points all. There were the fires, there is SEMA going on, and many people have placed orders. Turbo Mafia responded today in another thread, so everything should be just fine. :thumb:

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would love to call! If you have a contact number for them please pony up with it or p.m. me. I would like to know what pending status is. I only ordered a muffler and it should be mounted on my car by now. IMHO every vender here should have a contact number! Once an order is placed and shipped a tracking number should be issued to the purchaser. It's very possible that they have had fire trouble, and as mentioned computer issues were a factor. I'll send another E-mail to the new address and see if I get a response. Keep the fingers crossed.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Nathen said:
2 things you all might want to take into consideration. 1. these exhaust are built to order. 2. with the price as low as it is and the fact that they also do work on other vehicles aswell. it could take quite awhile to see anything from them. I would recommend calling.
not being a **** but the price isnt that low once you make the one you want unless you just want the stupid muffler straight 2.25"

·
Banned
1,722 Posts
yea... with options. the base one you order is $399. thats frickin dirt cheap.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't understand why there is such a price jump on a muffler with a 2 1/4 id vs 3" id. The muffler it self is the same other than the tube in the center, and less packing.

·
Registered
281 Posts
i have been issued a number, but the few times i tried calling, they never picked up. but when i sent them my number so that i may place an order, they called back in a few hrs. but they r a very busy company because its only a few guys building custom exhausts for many people, not just us. just send them a pm if anything with YOUR contact and they should reply fairly quickly. ima go check on my status now.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't think that just because a company is busy that its a valid reason not to give you a time frame for the product you ordered. If there was a known delay that should have been stated when the order was placed. When you don't respond to customers it wont be long before they go else where. Like I said before they may have a valid excuse, but to me busy is not it. If I don't get a response by Mon I'm going to call my credit card company and cancel.

Cuban, can you please post the number or pm me.

Webby, please post the number (you must have it) or contact the vendor and find out what is going on. E-mails have not been responded to. Why do we have a vender that doesn't have a phone contact?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just looked at the returns and terms policy. It clearly states that orders will take one to two weeks. I didn't see that before, lesson learned. If you want a tracking number you have to request it, I did. Still it would be nice to get a response as to the pending/processing status and a phone contact.

·
Scrodums
9,486 Posts
JMorris said:
I don't think that just because a company is busy that its a valid reason not to give you a time frame for the product you ordered. If there was a known delay that should have been stated when the order was placed. When you don't respond to customers it wont be long before they go else where. Like I said before they may have a valid excuse, but to me busy is not it. If I don't get a response by Mon I'm going to call my credit card company and cancel.

Cuban, can you please post the number or pm me.

Webby, please post the number (you must have it) or contact the vendor and find out what is going on. E-mails have not been responded to. Why do we have a vender that doesn't have a phone contact?
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1618077#post1618077

Have you contacted them via PM? I'll forward the thread link to webby.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have, originally they were very responsive with the e-mails. I have not heard from them since my order but I now know why. I totaly understand though, if my house burned down I wouldn't give a damn about a muffler or anything else but my family. I'm guessing we will hear something soon.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts