8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in December 2014 I got a new clutch for my 06civic manual. Within 2 months I was hearing grinding noises which got worse and worse. I took it to another mechanic and he told me that I needed a new clutch and tranny... I told him I had just replaced my clutch 5 months prior. He then proceeded to show me that all the bearings were completely ruined (the pilot bearing was in terrible shape as well as the throw out bearing and the clutch plate had some damage but wasn't that bad.

My question is. Could it be possible for my tranny to have blownup and messed up my clutch? Or is more likely that the new clutch was misinstalled causing my tranny to go and as a result the bearings were destroyed? I just have a hard time believing that my tranny blew RIGHT after the new clutch was installed.

I would really appreciate some advice on how this works because I may take the first mechanic to small claims court.

Thanks.

·
Registered
992 Posts
somtimes the clutch is not align correctly when reinstalling the tranny back to the motor
can cause the input shaft bearing to break ,
i had this issue with my b16 tranny , i rip open the tranny and the ball bearings on my input shaft bearings was torn into pieces so i decided to replace the bearings which i bought from ebay for 35 bucks then bought all the seals and tranny ran like new again
drain out the tranny fluid and look for lil chunks of metal if you find any then your bearings inside is broken , best way if you know how to take the tranny apart then you will now which bearings to replace good luck
and i believed its illistration number 16
Honda Automotive Parts

1 - 3 of 3 Posts