8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This was my first customer......By far the most difficult vehicle I've done...All the panels and seats were dirty as hell....I spent more time inside the car then out LOL....

His paint is really faded, hasnt washed the car in years and well the pics really dont catch how dirty the seats/panels were...I should of taken some close ups of the panels...but hell was eager to start....Total time 5 Hours....

Before

After

I didnt have PlasticX to do his headlamps but I'll be doing those next week....

Thanks to Rasky for the advice given through pms...

Products Used
Mequiars Wheel bright
Mequiars All purpose cleaner
Mequiars M26
Mequiars ColorX
Mequiars Hyper Dressing
Mequiars Last tough
Mequiars Wash
Mothers Black to Black
Mother Chrome polish
Leather Conditioner
Mequiars Clay kit

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I usually do my families cars..

This was a co-workers car and yes Im starting to detail on the side....

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He got a discount because he's a lawyer at the firm that I work for and he helped me with a case one time...inside and out for $100...Inside as in scrubbin the whole enterior with cleaner which took a good two hours just to do two panels and seats....then of course vac and dressing....I dont know how he let his car get so dirty like that....even the back seats had a layer of black crap on them LOL....

And Duce....Pm when your ready...

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did the smart thing and went to the local car wash to get a quote, they quoted $200 (w/o cleaning carpet) to do this car....

In the condition that this car was in I would say $150...I dont think I'll get a car in this bad of a condition for a while though...

Im doing a 2005 civic here soon that came out of paint....I'll post pics up when I get through with it...Think they are dropping it off tonight...

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I wish....Rasky is on another level...He gave me great advise and I had lots of the necessary tools since I did my own cars for so long, I still have lots to learn to be close to his level....But rasky has it down to a form of art...I was sweating my ass off last night, I changed shirts 3 times haha...But watching this paint shine after being dull for so long was my prize....and his face expression was priceless!!!! I'll do my best to match raskys work....

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
chrisfrofro said:
dang.. i get full detail at the local porsche dealership for $60.. i get discount from my bro in law

I guess you would have to see what they do..Do they clay, how many buffs, so on and so on....I guess it differs on where you go and who you know lol...

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
If a guy at Rasky's level or an apprentice of his was local, I'd so take my car to him.

I took one of my ex's cars to a big place to get detailed and they did a **** job. Never again. I want to see a portfolio of work before I let anyone near my cars to detail!

Great job! I'm sure his expression when you were done was all the payment you needed! Great job! What's the little greyish spot on the front bumper in the after shots?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
He does many rode trips and well he never washes the bugs off...Those are chip marks you see....Im guess from the acid of the bugs and/or rocks....He had a lot of black scuff marks around his bumpers as well, most came of with the clay bar but my PC took all of those marks out...

Big places are more concern with quantity rather then quality in my honest opinion...Thats why i bought all my own stuff years ago...I found I did it better myself...Just takes time and effort...

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
Looking good Bro! Those seats looked nasty...leather is very time consuming! I know what you mean about how pics don't really show the true before and after of our work....especially when it comes to the paint. Maybe a nice SLR would help but I don't feel like spending the coin on one of those.

Keep up the good work! Feel free to PM me on any other questions you may have. :thumb:

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
chrisfrofro said:
dang.. i get full detail at the local porsche dealership for $60.. i get discount from my bro in law

You get what you pay for. What is the normal price without the discount?

Most local shops in MN are $185-200+ for a full detail. I only know of one I'd let touch my car.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts