8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UGH!!!
Put my JRSC on. Drove to Richmond to get tuned the other day.
Car drove fine. Not one CEL at all. Get there. Got numbers.
He tells me about this knock that he cant get to go away. He tried everything to the point where he beleives it can be a false knock. I have NO bolts ons which also leads him to stick to the decision.
The more I drive it the more it gets worse. This is where it gets good...
Coming back home, my CEL kept blinking with my odometer while beeping at me.. This is getting very f-in annoying. Some days it will do this, other days it wont. Itll not do it then start sometimes, or vice versa..
My drive it getting worse. When I go into gears and let off..itll bog then pick back up...
Finally today I get this message when my odometer went out saying
"b1008 10"
I dont know what to do. Flashpro isnt pulling up any codes whatsoever...and I am tempted just to go back to the basemap from flashpro...
When I ran my basemap I never had any problems..no lights, no bog, nothing...
Is this my tune or do I have a flase knock that messing with me??

·
Registered
15,796 Posts
For one, paying almost $500 for a tune before bolt-ons wasn't a good idea. You gain SO much power out of bolt-ons when you supercharge. Almost makes it not worth it to do that before getting them so you can just tune it once and be done.

Secondly, yeah, it sounds like your tune is messed up. I recall Soxfan saying on here that a blinking CEL is a warning to TURN YOUR CAR OFF and fix whatever is causing it. Bring it back and tell them to fix it.

·
Banned
4,164 Posts
For one, paying almost $500 for a tune before bolt-ons wasn't a good idea. You gain SO much power out of bolt-ons when you supercharge. Almost makes it not worth it to do that before getting them so you can just tune it once and be done.

Secondly, yeah, it sounds like your tune is messed up. I recall Soxfan saying on here that a blinking CEL is a warning to TURN YOUR CAR OFF and fix whatever is causing it. Bring it back and tell them to fix it.
im pretty sure a flashing CEL means there is misfire..

actually im positive it means there is a serious misfire...

have u not noticed any poping and severe powerloss/bogging.

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
If your dash cluster (odometer) and CEL are blinking at the same time, your ECU ground is loose, not secure, etc. I would check that first before moving on.

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
im pretty sure a flashing CEL means there is misfire..

actually im positive it means there is a serious misfire...

have u not noticed any poping and severe powerloss/bogging.

Well there is bog and when there is I hear a pop..what a knock cause this?

I know I wasted money for the tune without bolt ons but I wanted it to run safe until I got that. My tuner didnt want to leave me like that but he couldnt find out why it wasnt going away, giving him the impression its false

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I looked up the error code and its saying IAT sensor...would that be causing this?
Why would I be running hot?

·
Banned
4,164 Posts
Well there is bog and when there is I hear a pop..what a knock cause this?

I know I wasted money for the tune without bolt ons but I wanted it to run safe until I got that. My tuner didnt want to leave me like that but he couldnt find out why it wasnt going away, giving him the impression its false
that sounds like a misfire to me..

check the ground for your ecu.. also are u using NGK bkr8eix sparkplugs gapped around 30 those are good for nitrous/forced induction and not having the right plug can cause u more porbs then u know.

i would make sure ur ground is good, make sure u have the right plugs and that they are gapped right then go back to the tuner and see what he can do, if he cant do anything seek a diffrent tuner

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
that sounds like a misfire to me..

check the ground for your ecu.. also are u using NGK bkr8eix sparkplugs gapped around 30 those are good for nitrous/forced induction and not having the right plug can cause u more porbs then u know.

i would make sure ur ground is good, make sure u have the right plugs and that they are gapped right then go back to the tuner and see what he can do, if he cant do anything seek a diffrent tuner
i am using NGK Vpower R5671a-8. This can cause misfire? And ground is good.

is ur AMF/MAF plugged in.. u most likly have the CEL because u turned the key to the engine start position with the AFM/MAF unplugged
MAF is good. Plugged and screwed down all the way. My intake is fine as well..

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
No it's not, I'm telling you, check your ECU ground in the engine bay. Seriously, that's exactly what the dash does when that ECU ground is weak (loose, in a bad spot, etc).

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Why isnt anyone reading what Vit posted?

He said he knows the cause/fix and everyone just glosses over it?

Dumbasses....

1 - 20 of 47 Posts