8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am thinking about the March GTG... and I want to put up details ASAP.

We have been meeting in tarrant County because the regulars don't seem to mind... but there are folks in north and east Dallas county that show SOME interest in a GTG... yet there have been any successful GTGs in that area.

As a concession to those interested, I am thinking about moving the GTG in March (should be warm enough to be outside and talk) into Dallas in the IH35/Northwest Hwy area. I am thinking of either Pappas BBQ or Humperdinks at that intersection. Give me some feed back on whether or not you would attend a GTG in one of those locations... if not, we will continue to meet up in Tarrant and southern Dallas Counties.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Humperdink's sounds good to me. Maybe ill remember to bring my Camera to the next meet so we can get some pictures for Tukai.
maybe Tukai will stop whining about how many people show up and make it one more car and bring his camera? ;)

And yes... Melissa... that is 530pm... I am stuck in a world of military time at work.... so it comes out here... and 1730 is fewer key strokes than 530pm ;)

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
thanks for changing that time Casey.. i'll go to it now :thumb: and if i remember i'll bring a camera and WONT forget the battery like before

·
Registered
197 Posts
I35 and NW hwy is a ghetto ass part of dallas I Don't think thats a good spot! Maybe something by the tollway up by the galleria or by Stonebrair mall dat area is nicer! IMO!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I35 and NW hwy is a ghetto ass part of dallas I Don't think thats a good spot! Maybe something by the tollway up by the galleria or by Stonebrair mall dat area is nicer! IMO!
It is probably the most central place in Dallas to meet up.... Stonebriar and the Galleria areas both suck for distnce for someone that lives down off of Bryant Irvin or over in Hurst...

I have been going to and organizing car meets at IH35/NWHwy for years (something like 8 years now) and have never had an incident in the location. I didn't ask for more alternative locations, I asked about a meet in Dallas since I have had so many people complain about driving to the GTGs. I have also said that if someone wanted to organize a GTG in North Dallas, do it! the last time someone tried... NOBODY showed up and left the one guy by himself.

;)

·
Registered
197 Posts
It is probably the most central place in Dallas to meet up.... Stonebriar and the Galleria areas both suck for distnce for someone that lives down off of Bryant Irvin or over in Hurst...

I have been going to and organizing car meets at IH35/NWHwy for years (something like 8 years now) and have never had an incident in the location. I didn't ask for more alternative locations, I asked about a meet in Dallas since I have had so many people complain about driving to the GTGs. I have also said that if someone wanted to organize a GTG in North Dallas, do it! the last time someone tried... NOBODY showed up and left the one guy by himself.

;)
I get what your saying with the "Most Central Place" thing but that area sucks! COPS, Car jackers, petty thugs, and bums asking for change! I dont want to be around that enviroment anymore im tired of it!!(I know I sound like cry baby but its the truth!) anyways some other local. with a better atmosphere and back drop!!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I get what your saying with the "Most Central Place" thing but that area sucks! COPS, Car jackers, petty thugs, and bums asking for change! I dont want to be around that enviroment anymore im tired of it!!(I know I sound like cry baby but its the truth!) anyways some other local. with a better atmosphere and back drop!!
There are several other car clubs that meet in that area and have been doing so for YEARS. You stand just as much of a chance getting "car jacked" in your own neighborhood as any where else. The Humperdick's area is not known for homeless people (that would be closer in to downtown Dallas). And the last time I checked, petty thugs patrolled malls looking for easy scores on cars and personal items (Galleria and Stonebriar are NOT excluded).

Sorry... there is no reason to switch to a mall location or some "better" part of town... if you roll around GP, you will have no problem with that area... there are plenty of places in GP that are WORSE than the 35/NW Hwy area.

And besides that... you haven't made it out to any of the other GTGs in "better" areas, so why would we be thinking this would be different?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
blah blah blah! ok smart guy you always have all the answers to everyones quotes! 4get i even mentioned a diff. spot!!! knock yourself out at hummpys!!!
Like I told Chris a while back... if YOU want to PLAN a GTG in North Dallas, knock yourself out. I have not seen you out at ANY of the GTGs planned after the last Ton's GTG yet you want to complain about a location that you would not attend ANYWAY. The curse of planning these GTGs is that SOME BODY will always ***** and WHINE about either the location or the time... or even that there is not enough people showing up (so they don't show up which is ironic since they cry about other not coming)... so as a planner you have to accept that not everyone will be happy. maybe next time we will plan a meet down off of Bryant Irvin and IH20 and see how many Plano/North Dallas folks want to drive that far (the equivalent of making the west Tarrant county folks drive to Plano/Frisco).

Either step up and plan something or sit back and shut up.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
In the grand scheme of things, Jesse has made it to more meets than you Casey. Those were the meets you missed when you had a lawn to mow, or was having cramps or a headache of some sort, or just didn't show up altogether. But anyways, I choose the dinks. I ***** about pictures because normally im the only who brings one, even though some of you all claim to have some nice high tech ****. I like pictures because it promotes our group nicely and makes nice desktops.

·
Registered
197 Posts
In the grand scheme of things, Jesse has made it to more meets than you Casey. Those were the meets you missed when you had a lawn to mow, or was having cramps or a headache of some sort, or just didn't show up altogether. But anyways, I choose the dinks. I ***** about pictures because normally im the only who brings one, even though some of you all claim to have some nice high tech ****. I like pictures because it promotes our group nicely and makes nice desktops.
Word!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Look... the idea of the March meet is to get a big enough group together to actually WORRY about taking a picture... unlike most of the clubs I have beena part of, the Honda group is spread out more than any other... there are just as many people in tarrant County as there are in Dallas or Collin Counties. Oddly enough, tone of he best turn outs we have had was in FAR southwest Dallas County at Ton's.

The idea of being CENTRAL is just that... some where in the middle... I thought about the area in question and weighed it against other areas like Valley Ranch (IH635 and Macarthur) or even Lewisville (the Sonic GTG from a long time ago)... and when I read the threads of the locals, there are quite a few people in pretty far south Tarrant County that would never drive the distance for either of those. I also want us to have a place with a big enough parking lot for us to park and talk without being harassed. Like I told Chris a while back, I don't know anything specific enough of the area north of IH635 and east of IH35 to plan diddily there... and when I tell people to plan something, they usually don't and even when they do, nobody shows up.

I will put it out there one more time... if you want to plan something some where else... DO IT! Post it up. But don't come complain to me when I am planning something you don't want to go to. If you don't want to go, have a problem with the location/food/time/date, don't go... I am working on a roatating GTG schedule with different locations... I will post up that idea soon... that way we can rotate through the area and maybe get more people interested in something bigger for later in the year.

·
Banned
6,166 Posts
Jesus Cris guys! Of course I won't be there and all that good jazz but jeez!

Jesse- I can see where you are coming from, I wouldn't want to take my modded car into a ghetto neighborhood especially if I had a navigation system with rims. Have you actually been in the location in question? Just because a general area is known for crime sometimes an exact location near that known for crime is as crime less as can be. I know, I live in Arlington on one side of the street I wouldn't walk on and the other I would leave my house unlocked and say, "Everything is open, please don't take my ****, I am going on vacation and i'll be back in a week."

Casey- Is that the ONLY place that ya'll can hold a meet at? I understand that N. Dallas is a bad place for a meet since no one feels like showing up however since there are only going to be a couple of cars coming to the meet anyways loosing one person because he doesn't like the spot is pretty tragic, IMO. Is there not another 'Dinks somewhere else in the county?

Tukai- Yes, it's true Jesse has been to more meets than Casey however how many times has Jesse planned a meet that made it all happen? Yes I agree, mowing the lawn is just about as bogus as a reason as anything else however that day he was sick he might have REALLY been sick. I don't think you should "*****" because you are the only taking pictures, however if people are bitching about your pictures than have at it bro.

That's my take on things, just trying to be a peace keeper.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Tukai- Yes, it's true Jesse has been to more meets than Casey however how many times has Jesse planned a meet that made it all happen? Yes I agree, mowing the lawn is just about as bogus as a reason as anything else however that day he was sick he might have REALLY been sick. I don't think you should "*****" because you are the only taking pictures, however if people are bitching about your pictures than have at it bro.

That's my take on things, just trying to be a peace keeper.
:squint: Saying that mowing is a lame reason for me to miss is like telling Chris it has been lame of him to miss since he had to work... mowing is a job for me... I don't even mow my own yard... I mow for money... I am a lawn prostitue... :laughing:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.