8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay my wife is giving me the okay, budget wise, to buy a 2008 Si with OE fogs and lower it and that is it. So roughly a budget of $22500(rough price including tax and all).

Or

Buy a LX with OE kit and spoiler for $19300 and have roughly $3200 to mod it like I/H/E, lowering springs, and nice 16" wheels(save money that way so I can use the stock tires and buy nice wheels like Volk, SSR, Work).

I know the Si will still blow away the modded LX performance wise but what I am after is the over all package as far as looks and "fun to drive" factor. To me the exterior of the Si is bland and like the looks of the HFP kit. This will be my daily driver and will not race or see the track.

What are your guys thoughts? I am over the fence on this one.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
NO brainer, why did you even ask? SI SI SI... Everything on that is an Upgrade from the LX..

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
I would go with the SI. You'll like the SI more if you're into quick cars and good handling also. LX if you're into gas mileage.

You can always negotiate with the sales man to add some stuff on like the lip kit. There's some people on here who got their SI's around your price range with the lip kit.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Go for the SI.

I bought my SI when it was only 3 months old (not brand new), with HFP aero kit, HFP suspension and HFP 18" wheels for $20,888.

So it can be done. With those options and dealer installation (which I know that's how it was all installed) I saved about $7,000 that way.

·
Registered
617 Posts
SI already comes with a lot of stuff you'll need to get for a lx...SI seats, a sub, MP3/data cd player, steering wheel controls, better performance and suspension, LSD!!!!, 6speed, cool shift knob, red stiching, and haha built in shift light!!! If you get all that for a lx it would be too much money. Plus in a r18 you won't get to feel the vtec as much because it starts at a lower rpm.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Si, dude I waaaaant an Si i have an Ex, plus hondas last forever you can save up to mod after u pay your car fully.. i guess..

1 - 20 of 51 Posts