8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Usually they say you lose anywhere from 20-30% of a vehicle's value just driving off the lot.

I've had my FA5 for about 5-6 months now and figured I look up the value on kbb.com - $23,775 they say for private sale. A little high, I think but I figure I'll entertain that number. Then start doing the math - I owe a little over $20K on it and put down $2K originally.

This means if I get what kbb.com says, I'll actually *make a profit*.

edit: How much are 2010 sedan Si's with a little over 8000 miles going for out there?

·
Registered
18,914 Posts
:rotfl: not $23.7k. KBB is a horrible base price to go with.

the car doesnt even cost that much new from the dealer.
expect maybe 18-19k.
you got to remember, if you ask too close of a price to teh cost of the car brand new...people will jsut spend the extra 2-3k and get it new from teh dealer. small price to pay for 0 miles and convinience of all paperwork done for them.

and wtf is a 5dr SI?

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ooops, 4 door sedan. and yea, the price kbb quoted is higher than what's on the sticker.

·
Registered
227 Posts
It has nothing to do with how rare the si is right now. KBB's values for the newer si's have been messed up for years. I'm not sure why they think our cars are worth more money used than new. Their values are messed up for the regular civics also.

·
Registered
432 Posts
KBB and NADA are only guide lines. Real market value is based on supply and demand- and also based on where you live. Right now at this time SI's are very rare and hard to come by- they will draw top dollar most likely exceeding KBB or NADA. When Honda finally releases the next wave of new ones, they will draw top dollar on the dealer lots as well, dealers will be asking a premium above the sticker- whatever people will pay. I personally do not like this strategy and decided not to wait for the 2011 SI's and bought something else.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts