8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a random tech cat on the way. do i need a defouler so i don't get a cel? i've read one is not needed but to those who have them should i get one?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ryanster01 said:
friend has one, no defouler, no CEL
yeah this is what i've been reading i am just worried about long term. if i put one on anyways would it mess anything up?

·
Registered
607 Posts
i have RT cat..and got a CEL after having it for a couple months. wont hurt adding a defouler. i have it on now and CEL is gone.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Jardiniboy said:
He doesn't have the defouler. And he's doing good w/ the high flow cat.
:yeahthat: The only problem that I have had is that the exhaust squeeks, It is the hanger. I reasearched around, and I guess a few people with the stock exhaust have the same problem. When you install it move the hanger around to see if it squeeks, mine does, but I have not had time to get under there to see how to fix it. It only squeeks under very light throttle at low rpm, and when starting out in first.

·
Purpul Plane 4ever!
40,686 Posts
You dont need a defouler. When installing make sure to twist the wires while you twist the sensor. Could possibly pull one of the wires out.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
CmakSI said:
i have RT cat..and got a CEL after having it for a couple months. wont hurt adding a defouler. i have it on now and CEL is gone.
did you get the angled defouler or straight one?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts