8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, i was wondering if anybody could either guide me through the defouler install on a strup header (angled defouler) or guide me to a diy of it. I looked in the DIY section and looked at the DC header install and it just said "install the defouler." Is it as simple as screwing it in or what?

They reason I'm asking is because I'm waiting for my defouler to get here for corsport and was wondering if I should get the shop to install the header now and I can do the defouler or wait and just get them both done at the same time.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
The defouler screws into the second O2 bung. Just screw it in. I'd install it before putting on the header, but it can be done afterwards. Nothing to it really.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
well depends on how long youre gonna wait, wont really make a difference, youll prolly throw a cel without it on and itll be on until you put it on and clear it, jus saves a lil time if you jus screw it in now then have the header installed

·
Registered
13,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it would only be a difference of a day or two, see i dont have the defouler now, im waiting on that and idk when it will be here (no tracking number yet) so i was going to get the header (which is sitting in my house) installed on saturday and hopefully the defouler will be here that day or monday.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
I think you might as well wait for the defouler, because without it your most likely going to throw a check engine light.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts