8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Defect in front passinger seat of SI?

I need help from other SI owners. I noticed something hard sticking out of front passenger seat lumbar support area. It feels like there is 7 to 10 inch vertical strip of hard object sticking out of the seat to the left side of the back support just before it meets with side back bolstering. It's not visibly noticeable until you press down a little bit with your finger. I've taken it to the dealer this morning and was just told that it's actually passenger seat airbag sensor and that they think it's "normal". They did tell me they'll compare it to another SI when it comes in but it won't be until middle of next month. I've always thought the sensor was built in to the bottom of the seat and not into the back support.

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
another SI owner will have to verify it. I don't know how the side airbag sensors work, but I know the front sensor used to be under the seat in the 7thgens. It detected the weight on the seat to verify someone was there (before air bag deployment). I don't know if the side airbag sensor works off that on the 8th civic or not.

anyone with an si able to confirm this?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A member from another forum just replied to me saying that he found the same thing in his front passinger seat. I guess it could be how it was made.
It's strange that you can feel the sensor like that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts