8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I just got my '08 civic ex's oil change and tire rotation. When I got into the car and started it up I noticed a deep sound almost list a hole in the exhaust. The sound went away after 5 minutes or so and has only returned on cold starts. Does anyone have any idea of what could be causing this sound and what items I should check?

I would not be surprised if the Honda dealership did not replace my drain plug or filter correctly. They have left the oil cap off after an oil change before and had my engine and hood covered in oil. Luckily they picked up my car, gave me a rental, and cleaned the engine. I do not want to have to swap cars with them again.

My car has 45k miles on it and I just moved to a new location and will be driving atleast 100 miles a day. I can't afford to have my engine destroyed because of dealership mistakes.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Weird, when I just changed my oil and put M1 in it (like I have been for 40k miles), it sounded strange too. I hope they didn't start giving Wal-Mart a different formula or something :eek:hnoes: You probably didn't get M1 in your car, so it's probably fine. Check your fill cap, filter, and plug for leaks. Check the dipstick to see if they overfilled. Other than that, just keep an ear on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts