8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys im new and i need some help. im in the market for a new vehicle and ive been looking for a truck and found a 03 f150 lariet supercrew with a 5.4 and 81000 miles for 12000. that same day i found an 06 si with 32000 for 15500. im stuck between the two because i live in a town with alot of hills and snow. id love the si but ive always wanted a truck. a si is the only car id ever buy. im going to college this year so i need somethin realiable but also a somethin fun to fix up and make my own. can you guys give me any advice or opnions?thanks alot.

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
First off, welcome to the 8th. You've chosen a pretty biased venue for your question though. Ask yourself which vehicle you need/want more. Would your lifestyle/job be made easier by owning a truck? Another thing to keep in mind is that gas prices will eventually go up again, and a V8 will suck up a lot of gas. Personally I'd go with the Si. That truck's got a lot of miles on it for 12K.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Never been a fan of Ford, although the new Mustangs look pretty sexy. I think the trucks overpriced. The SI's pretty spot on tho. There's two used SI's(both FG2's) here in Vegas the 07' is $16,9 and I think the 08' 1 or 2 k more. Both have a lowering kit already installed.
You did say that it snowed there, depending on how much snow there is i'd go w/ the truck. My brother has a Nissan Titan that he uses as a family car and to tow his cars to the track. It's reliable but a gas hog.

You also said you wanted to mod your car, again, depending on how much it snows where you live you might not be able to throw a lowering kit on your SI.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Test drive both. If you go with the Si and you live in an area that gets a lot of snow, get a set of snow tires to put on during the winter months.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts